[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
How you think the Caped Cruader should end?

there won't be a 4th NOLAN has already said that the 3rd will be the last.
why would it be that he continues being batman

At the end we understand that the Riddler doesn't exist. He lives only in Bruce Wayne's mind. Cuz Wayne started to use drugs after Rachel's death.

Gonna go with this:
Bruce Wayne continues his journey as the Dark Knight
He'll never stop being Batman.

Nolan already said "Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story."

link and ... Link

I would actually be disappointed if he leaves it so that someone can make a fourth film. The story must come to an end. Whether that means Bruce Wayne dies or not, is totally up in the air, but I think the persona of Batman should come to an end.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Drunk knight wrote:At the end we understand that the Riddler doesn't exist. He lives only in Bruce Wayne's mind. Cuz Wayne started to use drugs after Rachel's death.
hehe, Tyler Durten will have something to say about this. :D

Actually I hope a fractured narrative/confabulation comes into the mix. It's a great concept never done before in a superhero movie, and if done on a blockbuster scale, can turn out awesome.

I just see Batman ending, not continuing, because that means some other dumbass director can make a 4th. Either Wayne dies, or hangs up his cape. That's the only two possible outcomes I see.

I know that in the comics he never stops being batman, but maybe they should try something else here
Nolan said he wanted to end with the story on the 3rd film so I really like the: Bruce Wayne dies and his story inspires Gotham to change...

After all, sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded,
why not Batman.

#1fan wrote:there won't be a 4th NOLAN has already said that the 3rd will be the last.
Well the comic book stories and even the previous movies continued without the same director and eventually it will continue without Nolan as long fans want more and when the sales of Nolan's work goes down. Nolans and goyer themselves, that when he finished batman begin he din't plan for a sequel, showing joker's card was to give a more interesting ending, at least is what they said... so Batman ending could go in any direction.

I honestly want to see a bittersweet finale, maybe killing Alfred and him getting married.

Alterno wrote:
#1fan wrote:there won't be a 4th NOLAN has already said that the 3rd will be the last.
Well the comic book stories and even the previous movies continued without the same director and eventually it will continue without Nolan as long fans want more and when the sales of Nolan's work goes down. Nolans and goyer themselves, that when he finished batman begin he din't plan for a sequel, showing joker's card was to give a more interesting ending, at least is what they said... so Batman ending could go in any direction.

I honestly want to see a bittersweet finale, maybe killing Alfred and him getting married.
A zombie groom Alfred? That's interesting ...
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

We know that Batman is going to continue...with or without Nolan. With that said, I don't find it needed to depart that far from the comic books and actually KILL Batman or Bruce Wayne.

I think that, at the end, Bruce should realize that he will always be Batman, the city should realize that they need Batman, and we see Gotham improving. I think all the story arcs can come to a conclusion without Batman dying. I think it would be really stupid to kill Batman in a mainstream film. Most people would not appreciate it.