[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
ComptonTerry wrote:I am moving the conversation in the Robin and JGL thread to this thread...

Another point to bring up is Rachel's comment at the end of BB. She tells Bruce that the boy who ran away "never came back at all." This is VERY important. This is true, Bruce came back a totally different person. BB shows us how Bruce becomes Batman. What might happen in TDKR is the man who never came back returns at long last. In BB Bruce becomes Batman, in TDKR Batman becomes Bruce. Remember also when Alfred says at the end of BB "You're getting lost inside this monster of yours..." This is also VERY important. In TDK, Bruce is never really himself, he is only really Batman. Even when he isn't Batman, as in not wearing the cap and cowl, he still very much acts like Batman. He is always investigating crime. The difference is during the day he doesn't wear the costume but he still pretty much acts like Batman. He has become lost inside the monster he created. What needs to happen for Bruce to finally find closure is he must let go of the monster once and for all. He needs to merge Bruce the man with his creation, Batman.
Awesome post. I know this is opposite of what you think but Micheal Keaton said it best... he's out there and I have to go to work! Being Batman isn't a 9-5 its a continuous ongoing thing. But I'm giving up on my speculation and just waiting for the movie!

jazz-guitarist wrote:I know this is a little off topic, but I wasn't sure where to post it:

Has anyone noticed that the line "Now that's more like it." has been used in several of Nolan's films?

In TDK both scarecrow and fox say it. In Inception Cobb says it to Ariadne. Is there any significance to that line? It seems awfully redundant.

:-D Nah. Good catch, but I don't think so.

ComptonTerry wrote:I am moving the conversation in the Robin and JGL thread to this thread...

Another point to bring up is Rachel's comment at the end of BB. She tells Bruce that the boy who ran away "never came back at all." This is VERY important. This is true, Bruce came back a totally different person. BB shows us how Bruce becomes Batman. What might happen in TDKR is the man who never came back returns at long last. In BB Bruce becomes Batman, in TDKR Batman becomes Bruce. Remember also when Alfred says at the end of BB "You're getting lost inside this monster of yours..." This is also VERY important. In TDK, Bruce is never really himself, he is only really Batman. Even when he isn't Batman, as in not wearing the cap and cowl, he still very much acts like Batman. He is always investigating crime. The difference is during the day he doesn't wear the costume but he still pretty much acts like Batman. He has become lost inside the monster he created. What needs to happen for Bruce to finally find closure is he must let go of the monster once and for all. He needs to merge Bruce the man with his creation, Batman.
You just keep amazing me with your posts about this. :clap:

Can anyone tell me what Chris Corbould said about the ending in the Telemadrid video?

oracle86 wrote:Can anyone tell me what Chris Corbould said about the ending in the Telemadrid video?
Chris says that the movie ends in a spectacular chase through Gotham.
Which isn't really a huge spoiler if you've been following the production closely, but pretty upsetting if you had no idea about the climax.

Or if you hadn't watched the trailer for the movie. Which clearly has said scene in it.

Wow. I will honestly be pissed if this is not the ending now, because this is perfect.

I think this is awesome and I agree with every part, I feel this is what he is now and will always be. But let's say that everything you say takes place Bruce finds peace and hangs up the cowl. What happens in 5 years or when ever it is that Gotham needs him again because whether it is real life or a fictional world a city is always in need of a hero time and again. Does Bruce just sit back and say I'm past that not my place any more? Anonymity I'd like your take on this too because I know you like the idea of him having closure.

Speaking of Batman becoming Bruce again by the end of TDKR, I think it's interesting that what appears to be Batman's
final confrontation with Bane
takes place in the daylight. Batman does not appear as a frightening creature of the shadows, veiled in mystery by the darkness as he did in BB - he openly appears as what he actually is, a man wearing a suit. The suit loses its function of "theatricality and deception" but now allows Batman to become a real "legend". The Gotham citizens can finally see that the hope represented by the bat-symbols drawn in chalk all around the city is real because it's actually incarnated by Bruce Wayne, an individual, a person like them. Ultimately, the thing that can really inspire them and move them to action is not Batman as an abstract "ideal", but Bruce Wayne's "flesh and blood" embodying this ideal.