[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Some quotes that came to my mind, when I think of Batman's ending in this story:

Alfred about Thomas Wayne:
"He believed his example could inspire the wealthy of Gotham to save their city. Their murder shocked the wealthy and the powerful into action."
Will Bruce/Batman have the same fate as his father? Will he die and will his death inspire Gotham?

Rachel about Bruce:
"But I'm not sure the day will come when you will no longer need Batman."
Bruce can't give up his mantle or pass it to somebody else. He has to die as Batman.

Harvey Dent about Batman:
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
We saw how Batman become the villian. Now he has to become the hero Gotham needs. The Dark Knight has to Rise. And when he dies a hero, his symbol will also rise.

Bruce about Batman:
"I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, destroyed. But as a symbol... As a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."
To stay as a everlasting symbol, his true identity must not be revealed.

Batman would never pass his mantle to somebody else when he is still alive. He dies a hero and nobody need to take of his mantle, cause he was the hero Gotham needed and he rescued the city. After his death the city can be rebuild by men without a mask. Maybe some people will find out, that Bruce Wayne was Batman (Gordon, Blake, Catwoman...), but none of them will ever disclose that, because they want to save the symbol he created and everyone still looks up to. The Bat-Signal will shine over Gotham as a monument, so every citizen will remember his legend.

Cilogy wrote:
George wrote:Talli, your ideas here are quite excellent. If there's anything that bothers me right now about the way the plot is shaping up it deals more with
Batman dying by flying away with the device and it exploding. Feels way too close to the climax of Angels & Demons.
:lol: That's exactly what I thought.

If it comes to that, I would actually want
a more powerful death that is much sadder.
Ok, I keep hearing this rumor, but I must have missed some bits.
Is this scene with the Batwing supposed to be a continuation of the bomb truck scene they filmed in Pittsburgh?
Did they actually film scenes with the device hooked to the Batwing?

Man, I really hope Bruce doesn't die this way.

George wrote:So in terms of Selina Kyle
Is anyone still thinking she'll die? The early rumors hinted at it, but her presence for Batman flying off with the 'instrument of liberation' doesn't seem to indicate a Catwoman death
that was the rumor that came out with the first plot "spoilers"...safe to say they probably arent true.

Please stick with me this is my first post.

I think I have more or less the plot in my head - minus quite a few gaps. Please let me know what you think.
Initially the league of shadows will break Bane out of his prison or wherever he is held. This will show a young Liam, i mean Ras Al Ghul being very happy to have recruited Bane. After escaping Bane will start to die. Ra's will be a bit peeved and will have the ingenious idea of using the lazurus pit to ensure he lives. This is why he wears the mask, Ra's then develops Venom which he inhales through his mask.

Cut to Gotham present day.

Bats is being chased by the police for the crimes of Harvey Dent. He gets off the road using very exciting and inventive driving and the cinema are all very impressed. For the next little while we get the usual introduction (re introduction of characters) this is where we meet Talia, i mean Miranda who is makes big impression on Bruce and becomes the love interest. She finds out about being Bats ( because she was told by her father beforehand is is searching for a way in ) but Bruce thinks its because he loves her. She infiltrates the batman's thinking and begins to corrupt / poison Bruce. This makes him weak.

We are introduced to Bane throughout this time, He arrives in Gotham wanting to create Havoc and he encourages Selina Kyle to work for him as an informant. To find out about the city and Batman and whatever he fancies really. Batman is encouraged BY Talia ( miranda ) to catch these criminals and in doing so is becoming increasingly tired with avoiding the police, tailing cat woman ( no pun intended ) and brawling with Bane. With Talia poisoning him Batman eventually confronts Bane after many elaborate schemes involving blowing up things and people and figureheads. Batman initially has the upper hand but with everyone against him he is taken down ( in a back breaking way ) by Bane. This happens very publicly and is seen by everyone.

After this Bane presents the information about Harvey Dent and the city starts to slide into corruption. People have no belief in anyone good and realise Batman is finished. Talia is entrusted with Wayne enterprises by Bruce and he disappears after seeing gordon in a bad way (teaser) Catwoman becomes a more central figure at this time and realises Bane's plans are not her plans and she starts to, not resist but helps less. JGL becomes a central figure in Gordon's absence and is trying to build confidence in the police force and along with a few people this becomes a small resistance who Bane dominates. At this time more is learnt of BAnes plan and his Bomb is unleashed on a Stadium. However it is not a Bomb it is some MacGuffin which is used to generate a LAzurus pit. He has the body of Ra's Al Ghul and with Waynes money and resources Talia has built the machine to do so. The pit is built and after a lot Deshee Deshee Basharah basharah stuff going on Ra's returns. Bane sees this as a return of a favour and Talia just really wants Daddy back. GUess what?? He fancies destroying Gotham. As he goes about his daily business of destroying and Mayhem, a Certsin Bruce Wayne gets into the pit. Presto - fixed back. He doesn't reveal himself. MOre of a montage of training and watching cat woman and Bane and Ra's and everyone really. He galvanises the public using Catwoman and JGL ( but crucially, not together) and builds a team to face bane and Ra's.

The conclusion is essentially Batman "rising" and taking on everyone in a more fit state. HOwever the end Gambit is that once the initial fights are over Batman is left alone to Fight Ra's and Bane. The only way he thinks he can beat them is by killing himself too. They do not realise his plan until its too late. This scene is intercut with the police chasing the criminal that was Catwoman. As batman dies we see the only person left chasing her is JGL and see lures him into a cave. As he arrives there Alfred is there to greet him knowing Bruce would not be returning and has al the bat ...Stuff there for him to take over. No one knows the Bat is dead and he takes over the mantle of the Bat. As one suit falls, there other is donned and the Batman rises...again.
Hope his makes sense, obviously all the main action points and such have been missed out but I think this may be the gist of the story.

Let me know :batman:

gkane21 wrote:Please stick with me this is my first post.

I think I have more or less the plot in my head - minus quite a few gaps. Please let me know what you think.
Initially the league of shadows will break Bane out of his prison or wherever he is held. This will show a young Liam, i mean Ras Al Ghul being very happy to have recruited Bane. After escaping Bane will start to die. Ra's will be a bit peeved and will have the ingenious idea of using the lazurus pit to ensure he lives. This is why he wears the mask, Ra's then develops Venom which he inhales through his mask.

Cut to Gotham present day.

Bats is being chased by the police for the crimes of Harvey Dent. He gets off the road using very exciting and inventive driving and the cinema are all very impressed. For the next little while we get the usual introduction (re introduction of characters) this is where we meet Talia, i mean Miranda who is makes big impression on Bruce and becomes the love interest. She finds out about being Bats ( because she was told by her father beforehand is is searching for a way in ) but Bruce thinks its because he loves her. She infiltrates the batman's thinking and begins to corrupt / poison Bruce. This makes him weak.

We are introduced to Bane throughout this time, He arrives in Gotham wanting to create Havoc and he encourages Selina Kyle to work for him as an informant. To find out about the city and Batman and whatever he fancies really. Batman is encouraged BY Talia ( miranda ) to catch these criminals and in doing so is becoming increasingly tired with avoiding the police, tailing cat woman ( no pun intended ) and brawling with Bane. With Talia poisoning him Batman eventually confronts Bane after many elaborate schemes involving blowing up things and people and figureheads. Batman initially has the upper hand but with everyone against him he is taken down ( in a back breaking way ) by Bane. This happens very publicly and is seen by everyone.

After this Bane presents the information about Harvey Dent and the city starts to slide into corruption. People have no belief in anyone good and realise Batman is finished. Talia is entrusted with Wayne enterprises by Bruce and he disappears after seeing gordon in a bad way (teaser) Catwoman becomes a more central figure at this time and realises Bane's plans are not her plans and she starts to, not resist but helps less. JGL becomes a central figure in Gordon's absence and is trying to build confidence in the police force and along with a few people this becomes a small resistance who Bane dominates. At this time more is learnt of BAnes plan and his Bomb is unleashed on a Stadium. However it is not a Bomb it is some MacGuffin which is used to generate a LAzurus pit. He has the body of Ra's Al Ghul and with Waynes money and resources Talia has built the machine to do so. The pit is built and after a lot Deshee Deshee Basharah basharah stuff going on Ra's returns. Bane sees this as a return of a favour and Talia just really wants Daddy back. GUess what?? He fancies destroying Gotham. As he goes about his daily business of destroying and Mayhem, a Certsin Bruce Wayne gets into the pit. Presto - fixed back. He doesn't reveal himself. MOre of a montage of training and watching cat woman and Bane and Ra's and everyone really. He galvanises the public using Catwoman and JGL ( but crucially, not together) and builds a team to face bane and Ra's.

The conclusion is essentially Batman "rising" and taking on everyone in a more fit state. HOwever the end Gambit is that once the initial fights are over Batman is left alone to Fight Ra's and Bane. The only way he thinks he can beat them is by killing himself too. They do not realise his plan until its too late. This scene is intercut with the police chasing the criminal that was Catwoman. As batman dies we see the only person left chasing her is JGL and see lures him into a cave. As he arrives there Alfred is there to greet him knowing Bruce would not be returning and has al the bat ...Stuff there for him to take over. No one knows the Bat is dead and he takes over the mantle of the Bat. As one suit falls, there other is donned and the Batman rises...again.
Hope his makes sense, obviously all the main action points and such have been missed out but I think this may be the gist of the story.

Let me know :batman:
First, 95% of post needs to be in a spoiler tag. Honest newcomer mistake. :)

You seem to have laced together many things for a basic skeleton of a plot. However, there are many things/characters missing from the mix and several inconsistencies with the Nolan verse I would like to point out.
1. I can't imagine something as mystical as literally "raising Ra's from the dead" in a Bat Nolan film.
2. I don't think Bane is old enough to be rescued from a prison while Ra's is a "young" man. Bane seems to be about the same age as Bruce.
3. Your plot synopsis assumes that Batman will die and that JGL will take over the mantle... which is based on no evidence.
4. Your synopsis doesn't really take into account how Bruce and Selina interact.
5. It's entirely possible that Miranda is Miranda, and you rely very heavily on the assumption that she is Talia Al Ghul... which many people assume... but if she isn't most of your plot falls flat.
6. Where is Matthew Modine's character, Nixon? How does he fit into your scheme?
7. When Bruce meets with Gordon, he's already been gone a while... it doesn't happen "before" he goes into hiding.
There's plenty more, but I actually want to applaud you for a very well thought out and decently written first post. But I would like to ask... are you a Marvel Comics fan? Because you capitalized the words "Havoc" and "Gambit."

:batman:
Last edited by darkest_knight on November 13th, 2011, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkane21 wrote:
After escaping Bane will start to die. Ra's will be a bit peeved and will have the ingenious idea of using the lazurus pit to ensure he lives. This is why he wears the mask, Ra's then develops Venom which he inhales through his mask.

i stopped there

mchekhov wrote:
gkane21 wrote:
After escaping Bane will start to die. Ra's will be a bit peeved and will have the ingenious idea of using the lazurus pit to ensure he lives. This is why he wears the mask, Ra's then develops Venom which he inhales through his mask.

i stopped there
Well, with all of the boring ass shit I've been forced to read in college, I could read an entire post about Batman. I think the primary flaw was that he bases his plot outline on many assumptions rather than inferences. The secondary flaw was a basic departure from the laws of realism that underly Nolan's previous Batman films.

Firstly. Sorry about the spoiler tag, or indeed, lack of one. I'll try my response in a spoiler.
In terms of the plot. I do not think any of this is steadfast. I do think it will be more "superhero" ish in comparison to other batman films by Nolan. Catwoman and "the bat" being prime examples. The series will evolve further. I don't see how the Lazarus pit ( fear gas, sonar built into goggles, a bike built inside a car?) and bane having a vest come breathing apparatus which venom can be fed through is an issue either. One thing is for sure it will differ from the comics. Sure maybe the Lazarus pit will remain in the league of shadows main town, maybe Bruce travels there? Maybe banes weapon is a weapon?

Resurrection is a part of the batman mythology and I think Nolan will put his own slant on bringing ra's back.
I'm pretty confident in basic outline, but also hope I'm wrong. I think speculation is healthy regardless of how outlandish it may seem. Gordon and the mayor and fox and some others will have big parts to play I'm sure. I'm just suggesting outline here. Talia is going to be the key character I think and in her deceit of Bruce I think she will harm more than just him. I'm looking at you mr fox. That's why she has the tumblers. E

Anyway I digress. Thanks for some feedback.

Must do better!

Sorry for going post crazy here. I'm not that guy... Honest. I'm slowly trying to digest some of the other posts and the post about the bat and banes weapon made me think.
what if that's batmans "fall" bane picks him up from the wreckage gives him a bit of a kicking in front of Gotham. He survives and then eventually comes back to rapturous applause. I think Nolan pulls the wool over our eyes. He is only showing us what we need to see. In The dark knight everyone assumed that the truck, street, batpod, shoot out was the finale with all the IMAX spoilers flying around. It wasn't, the end of these movies tend to be more humane, it's about people. I think the theme in this instance is that Gotham needs batman. This will be realised when he's injured (?) when he dies at the end a big deal will be made of it being in silence, out of sight so that the batman can live on without Bruce Wayne.
ps - yeah I'm liking x men.

whatever these markings are, they have to do with Bane's weapon. You see Sunjata read something on the detector as2 JGL marks the wall. They might be doing readings of radiation or seismic levels. Possibly signals for people to know which areas are safe and which arent