Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, Hardy as Bane!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
chee wrote:
bruce_angier wrote:Image

Now somebody edit this on rooftops of gotham. :lol:
I am now warmed up to the idea of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. :lol:
In one felt swoop, you and me both.

isn't there a second female lead as well?

#1fan wrote:isn't there a second female lead as well?
That was the rumor. But no announcement as of yet. Supposedly, she would be a love interest for Bruce Wayne.

Cilogy wrote:What is it with Nolan and brown-haired women?
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten a blonde joke yet. :lol:

I really hope that's it!

No charcter overkill mistake like Spiderman 3 please!

Well Batfans....it has begun again!

Surprised that Anne won the role, but in a way I am not surprised. I would have preferred Eva Green over her, but she will be filming a movie in April....a month before TDKR films in May.

Nolan was obviously impressed by what Anne had to offer during the readings and screentesting process and she beat the others in contention. She will do a fine job and for those whining and complaining already, I'm sure you were the same people who whined when Ledger was cast and all he did was make you all look stupid when he won an Oscar for his role as Joker.

Hardy will also be a kick ass Bane. I was thinking Deadshot, but Nolan says this will be a new interpretation of Bane, so I have a feeling his characterization might be a mix between Bane and Deadshot and he might be an agent of the League of Shadows.

We still have another female role to be cast and possibly another villian like Hugo Strange or Black Mask!

Can't wait! :thumbup:
Last edited by DKnight007 on January 19th, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^Wait? There is more?

At first I literally sent a text saying "WTF TOM HARDY IS BANE, etc" to half the people on my contact list completely shocked at Nolan's choice of villains and the casting for Catwoman. I'm huge on Batman and Batman lore, but I dug deeper and looked at both characters' various stories (in part through help of their wiki pages) and I can really say I'm pleased.

Okay, think about this. A.) Nolan has a new interpretation on a character that's supposed to be one of, if not the most intelligent Batman villian, who is also one of Batman's strongest physical opponent. That alone should get us excited. Nolan has a take that can perhaps best Batman both psychologically AND physically, from an actor we all adore. That's a very enticing prospect.

B.) Bane unleashed a master tactical plan to defeat Batman, and I have little doubt this is going to be part of the focus in TDKR. Bane is going to unleash the criminals of Gotham to weaken him, and throw all the crime the city has to offer at him (including maybe unleashing Arkum?) Nolan's said more or less that TDKR's will be very much Batman's movie, and less of an ensemble, so this fits.

C.) While this is happening, in the wake of being chased by the police, he's been out and about a bit less, and a misguided self-righteous woman begins trying to take down crime on her own. Anybody know about her arc where she thinks she's Falcone's daughter? I think it'd be quite an interesting foil to have a character come from prostitution and crime into this kind of a persona and potentially even become a dangerous love interest.

This is going to be amazing.

What if these aren't their real characters??? And it is a Nolan trick???? Hathaway could be Talia and Hardy could be Strange?

My first reaction to hearing this news was shock. Then disappointment, followed by anger. At this point I've lost most hope in this being better then The Dark Knight, but in Nolan I trust.