The Dark Knight Rises' Ending

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Welcome Andrea (I know I'm late).

I agree with your original post - Bruce Wayne as Batman has to end. Nolan said himself that he wants to bring the story of Batman to an end with TDKR, and your possible outcomes are, in my opinion, some of the only ones. I'd like these endings to happen as opposed to Batman continuing to fight crime, because the problems with so many superhero film's endings is that the superhero is always going to win and there's no real sense of danger or a climatic feel to it - they'll survive and continue to fight crime.

AAA
Even if it would kick ass to see Batman die on screen, I don't think the studio would allow that choice, because they want more sequels, even if an other director has to direct them :(

AAA wrote:Even if it would kick ass to see Batman die on screen, I don't think the studio would allow that choice, because they want more sequels, even if an other director has to direct them :(
Well, you may be right, but consider Nolan has make WB earn almost 2 bilions of $ with last 2 films, don't you think they'll let him do whatever he wants? ;)

Darkception wrote:I've read that on IMDB before, did you post it there too? Its a good ending, but obviously it means nothing (to me) because we don't know all the events of the film. But on the REAL ending, I definitely want some interplay between Batman/Bruce and Gordon, their strange relationship has been brilliant throughout BB and TDK, and it'd be nice to see some kind of closure/increased connection between them both.
I didn't post it on IMDB, would be nice if you could provide me a link to that though.

Hey Andrea, you're right let Nolan do what he does best. I'm sure that whatever the ending is gonna be like,will be epic! As long as it leaves out batman on some gargoyles overlooking the city just a terrible cliche...

way I see it, Nolan can kills batman or do whatever he wants with the character and he won't get any complainf from the studio, you can tell by now they have a blind trust regarding his judgement.

How it will end?

"It's Simple We Kill The Batman" :twisted:

it could end where batman is on a roof top, and a strange man wearing blue with a red cape says to "think your the only superhero around, I'm Superman, I'd like to take to you about the justice league inionitive"

Behind the mask wrote:it could end where batman is on a roof top, and a strange man wearing blue with a red cape says to "think your the only superhero around, I'm Superman, I'd like to take to you about the justice league inionitive"
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock:

Behind the mask wrote:it could end where batman is on a roof top, and a strange man wearing blue with a red cape says to "think your the only superhero around, I'm Superman, I'd like to take to you about the justice league inionitive"
:thumbdown:

I think, for it to be a truly epic conclusion, one of the major characters will have to die. In fact, I would disappointed if someone didn't end up dying. :P It could be Bruce... but honestly, I doubt it. Batman might die, though. That would make sense.