Chris Nolan Lines Up Actresses For Batfilm

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
chee wrote:
Dark Nolan wrote:^^ yep, Catwoman is out of discussion - the character is spoiled

remember that movie with Halle Berry?
Come on, its Nolan: if Catwoman is in this movie then I'm sure his Catwoman would be awesome.

I doubt that she'll be in it though. I don't see how she'll be in the story.
My thoughts exactly. :thumbup: I just think Catwoman has been made into pure cheese in her film portrayals that I've completely lost faith in Catwoman as a serious character at all.

So none of you think Nolan could turn the character into a serious, credible villain?

Bueller wrote:So none of you think Nolan could turn the character into a serious, credible villain?
I do. I just don't see how she would work into the story and themes of the character.

chee wrote:
Harvey Dent and Scare Crow didn't threaten him physically. A psychological female villain is absolutely fine.
And regardless of sex, a well-trained person can challenge Batman.

chee wrote:
Bueller wrote:So none of you think Nolan could turn the character into a serious, credible villain?
I do. I just don't see how she would work into the story and themes of the character.
Well, that's fair enough. I was more baffled by people writing her off because of a lousy film adaptation of the character that really had little to do with the actual comic book creation anyway. By that logic nobody should've bothered with Batman at all - after all, Batman & Robin reduced his character to 'pure cheese.'

Harvey Dent and Scare Crow didn't threaten him physically. A psychological female villain is absolutely fine.
To you the villain is fine. To me it's a bad joke. Dent and Scarecrow aren't 5'6 and don't wear skin tight leather; Catwoman does. The villain can be psychological, but it should also be physically threatening; which a woman is not in comparison to Bale. Think about it, a face to face stare down with Batman and a female; it's anit-climatic.

CrazyEight wrote:
To you the villain is fine. To me it's a bad joke. Dent and Scarecrow aren't 5'6 and don't wear skin tight leather; Catwoman does. The villain can be psychological, but it should also be physically threatening; which a woman is not in comparison to Bale. Think about it, a face to face stare down with Batman and a female; it's anit-climatic.
I'm not saying the villain should be Catwoman. Take your sexism out of here.

Women can't be physically threatening. Please. :roll:

:lol:

youre not alone on the marion bandwagon. ;) ;)
then again. imdb is shit when it comes to most casting rumors.
imdb has nothing to do with this rumor, these three actresses are merely bonus addition to the main story...

chee wrote:I'm not saying the villain should be Catwoman. Take your sexism out of here.

Women can't be physically threatening. Please. :roll:
Annie Wilkes gave me nightmares. :twisted:

The more I think about it, the more I think a female villain, a good female villain, would be really refreshing for the comic genre. They have, sadly, been something of a joke in the past and I imagine attitudes like 'women can't be threatening' have played no small part in that.