[SPOILERS] TDKR Viral Marketing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The viral for Inception was really cool, dont think they can do something like that here.

OVERMAN wrote:The viral for Inception was really cool, dont think they can do something like that here.
Inception had a viral?

Or do you mean those games that I gave up playing after the first one after it was clear I could just wait and see the new poster without putting any effort into it? :P

Anita18 wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:The viral for Inception was really cool, dont think they can do something like that here.
Inception had a viral?

Or do you mean those games that I gave up playing after the first one after it was clear I could just wait and see the new poster without putting any effort into it? :P
lol, I played the game when I was really bored. But yea, other people posted the things up on here and there was no need to play it. :(

chee wrote:lol, I played the game when I was really bored. But yea, other people posted the things up on here and there was no need to play it. :(
Yeah, you can't just release new trailers/posters through viral marketing and expect it to be memorable. There has to be a story behind it.

I was talking about the manuals and articles trying to seem real, that ain`t gonna happen here

I was talking about the manuals and articles trying to seem real, that ain`t gonna happen here
Hmm...why not, because TDK had such a cheesy viral and Inception was top? Nope.

OVERMAN wrote:I was talking about the manuals and articles trying to seem real, that ain`t gonna happen here
TDK had like 15 fake websites all pretending that Gotham was a real place. Inception had like...3? And they all weren't that interesting.

backwards, I actually found that viral campaign for TDK pretty lame, the Inception viral made me wanna know more about dream sharing and stuff so I was really exited about the world that was going to be introduced on the movie.

OVERMAN wrote:backwards, I actually found that viral campaign for TDK pretty lame, the Inception viral made me wanna know more about dream sharing and stuff so I was really exited about the world that was going to be introduced on the movie.
Obviously, since Inception was an original film it would've attracted more attention because people had no idea what/who to expect. For TDKR, people already know it's Batman, a recognized comic book hero, against <insert villian here>. Inception was a journey into DREAMS, places where people have never been before. TDKR is a journey into GOTHAM, a familiar place, which is a missing billboard away from being Downtown Chicago. :problem:

I think that's why Nolan wants new antagonists. Recycling old ideas becomes boring.

Yeah that´s exactly the point, they are probably gonna sell the film with the new villain and such, that´s kinda :roll: