Trust in Nolan

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
This is for those who are uneasy about the title... "The Dark Knight Rises"

This morning I hated this title and at this very moment I love it!

The problem I think most of us have with the title is that the longer they took to announce it the more our expectations grew. It's like when someone has a joke or a secret and then they decide not to tell you so you bug them and it gets all hyped up but then when they tell you its not a big deal anymore. It's sorta like a magician telling you his secrets. At that point he loses all mystery and interest. To elaborate I feel we would have felt a bit empty for a moment regardless of the title. Sometimes the anticipation of opening a gift is better than the gift. If they told us it was TDK Rises months ago even back in July I think we would have taken it more kindly and immediately. But I promise it will grow on you.

And maybe you won't get over the name, oh well laugh about it. It's just an alias for what is essentially a batman film, probably a really good batman film.

While some of us did expect a stand alone title Nolan does things to a purpose and I believe he felt keeping the title consistent is what was necessary in this particular story. I think we are watching more of part 2 of Dark Knight this time around, a finishing of that story which would explain the similarity in name. I feel this way based on Nolan's following comments from the LA Times article http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/ ... ax-not-3d/

“We want the look and feel of the film to be faithful to what has come before in the first two films,” Nolan said. “There was a large canvas and operatic sweep to ‘The Dark Knight’ and we want to make a film that will carry on with that look and feel.”

It is a very comic-esque title reminding me of The Dark Knight Returns chapters particularly the fourth and final one which is "The Dark Knight Falls." The Dark Knight Rises amplifies the idea that Batman will rise definitively as Gotham's Protector & Guardian.

Also, it's not our movie it is Christopher Nolan's Batman. And he hasn't let us down yet. In all honesty even for those of us complaining we'd have lined up to see this film regardless of name and villain because TEAM NOLAN has EARNED that loyalty. It's a batman film made by Christopher Nolan. And that's all that matters. On July 20th, 2012 the Team Nolan will once again blow our minds. You can take that to the bank! And it WON'T be in 3D!!

Mark my words this film will be wonderful and some day in your dvd collection and you'll be having awesome conversations about the in depth structure and complex storytelling of the Nolan Batman trilogy including Begins, TDK & Rises.

If your still questionable about the films title perhaps take solace in the following comment from the LA Times article above...
”We’re looking to do something technologically that’s never been done before,” Nolan said. “Our ambitions are to make a great movie.”

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES on July 20th 2012... Don't know about you but I'm excited :thumbup:
Last edited by anonymity on October 27th, 2010, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i belive in christopher nolan.thats all i gotta say. i am personally fine with the title. however,doesnt TDKR resemble something else of batman? ;)
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

I expect this to be more dramatic <not in a cheesy way> than TDK. Chris Nolan proves himself with Inception that he can really surprise us in different ways. Now is time to outdo his two big kids - TDK and INCEPTION. And I believe, though I can't imagine how, that he can deliver. Just like Saito. :oldmanface:

I will trust in this smooth gqbamf until I can't anymore. I don't expect anything less than fantastic out of whatever he is doing with this movie. :)

i believe and trust in nolan, and when i frist heard this title i was really disappionted.
and i'm still disappionted now.
but i'm sure it will be a fantastic film and there are many more important things, but yeah.

If the film is good then I can live with the title. But it has to be better than at least Batman Begins, if it's not as compelling as TDK then I can live with that too.

Hopefully, though, WB gets enough negative feedback from the title that they agree to change it.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The trust is gone....

JUST KIDDING :lol:

I have been using the phrase "In Nolan we trust" for a while now. :lol:

I also say "I believe in Joseph Gordon-levitt" But it doesn't look like he will make the cast of TDKR. :(

In Nolan we trust! :batface:

I said it before
SenorBlinky wrote:In Nolan I Trust.
And I'll say it again! :D

In Nolan I Trust!