Why I Believe This Film Is Not About the Villain

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman Begins was all about Bruce Wayne and the creation of Batman. The Dark Knight was all about escalation; what prompts Bruce Wayne to become The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight rises will once again be about Bruce Wayne and the evolution of The Dark Knight; what he now must become and must do: Rise to the challenge of adopting the persona infinitely. Batman Begins had a verb in the title. And so does The Dark Knight Rises; it's come full circle. I truly believe the villain is irrelevant in this film. Simply because there's a verb in the title; just like Batman Begins. This will be all about Bruce/Batman. Mark my words. This is why I truly believe the villain will be someone we've never seen before. Because it's not about them (sorry Tom Hardy). It's about Batman (Get ready Christian Bale - this is your movie).

aww but villains are so much fun.

I don't mind if the villains take the back seat for this one, as long as there are villains and they are sexy, I'm good to go.

as long as there are villains and they are sexy
Yes. :JGLface:

TDK is not about villains neither. I believe it concentrates in the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the people of Gotham City. The villains are just 'tools' to execute the escalation.

So I expect this to be a conclusion to Batman's symbolism.

What the hell is this? :wtf:

None of Nolan's Batfilms have ever been about the villains, it's always been about the ideas, about the themes represented and personified.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:What the hell is this? :wtf:

None of Nolan's Batfilms have ever been about the villains, it's always been about the ideas, about the themes represented and personified.
Nope.TDK was all about Joker and Two-Face.That's a real fact in fact :D,Be honest Batman had the back seat in TDK he was motorcycling around the story with has new BatPod.

BatMotor wrote:

Nope.TDK was all about Joker and Two-Face.That's a real fact in fact :D,Be honest Batman had the back seat in TDK he was motorcycling around the story with has new BatPod.
Actually ... no.

The Joker was an extremely important character. Yes at many parts it was all about him, but the overarching themes of the film include escalation, chaos, true justice, etc.

People think it's all about the Joker simply because of the hype leading up to TDK.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Thats what i was thinking... have any of the batman movie been ABOUT the villain? no, i don't remember seeing those movies.

Joker was important for the plot, but his character was all mysteries, and what may or may not be straight up lies. Harvey dent had some character to him, but that didn't start to develop until the last 30 minutes or so. scarecrow has no real character, again their is a plot based villain whose actual "character" is unimportant, and as for ra's al ghul, he is gone from the movie for quite a while, and during first watch, many actually forget all about him. His plans are simple (evil bad. get rid of evil) both movies have been about Bruce, and his inner struggle.