Christian Bale will be “fitter than ever”, said his rep

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
i think he needs to be as lean as possible to make Bane look bigger

prince0gotham wrote:
Mason01 wrote:Bale was great in Batman Begins, really bulked up for that, but he wasn't as fit or bulked up for The Dark Knight, so I'd like to see him pile on the pounds (in muscle, of course) to really show off what he can do (although, he has already). He's a great actor with stunning stamina, I can't wait for this!
Imo Bale bulked up for BB only because of 2-3 scenes that were supposed to be in the movie and DID end up in the movie showing how intimidating his physics were. He didn't do the same for TDK, because he didn't need to. Only 1 nakedish scene + he had to fit into the new suit and be more agile.

That said I'm not sure if he really needs to be as bulky as in BB. Fit yes, relief yes, but bulky probably not.
I agree about him needing to be more agile, but fighting Bane could be a struggle if he hasn't got some strength. I mean, you don't need a ton of muscle to be strong and intimidating, but I'd like to see him a little bigger in this than The Dark Knight...

If it's only a little maybe, but that could be achieved through camera work as well. Talli said Hardy already needs to look HUGE so they'll be looking for ways to make their job easier.

Yeah, Hardy's height is already going against him. By Bale being leaner, it will help Hardy look bigger. I still wish though that Bale's build is like in the 2nd act of BB. That was perfect.

They can both have the same build. Just have Hardy show more muscle (i.e. topless or wearing a muscle shirt).

Fran wrote:They can both have the same build. Just have Hardy show more muscle (i.e. topless or wearing a muscle shirt).
Ummmm. No. Please. No. Like Nolan said, Bane will be an entirely original interpretation. Don't expect some shirtless wrestler-type action figure in this film. It will be different.

sallygucha wrote:
Fran wrote:They can both have the same build. Just have Hardy show more muscle (i.e. topless or wearing a muscle shirt).
Ummmm. No. Please. No. Like Nolan said, Bane will be an entirely original interpretation. Don't expect some shirtless wrestler-type action figure in this film. It will be different.
But you have no idea what we should or shouldn't expect. We know that Nolan has a new take, what that is, we obviously don't know.

sallygucha wrote:
I'm under the impression that Bane won't even have a mask. However, I think there would still be some resemblance to the comic Bane.....something like a muscle shirt, plus some suit pants

I think the idea is to have Bane assimilate into Gotham society. So he might have a contemporary business look to himself.

Vader182 wrote:
sallygucha wrote:
But you have no idea what we should or shouldn't expect. We know that Nolan has a new take, what that is, we obviously don't know.
Bane won't be shirtless. That I can guarantee. This film is not directed by Tom ford, people.

sallygucha wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Bane won't be shirtless. That I can guarantee. This film is not directed by Tom ford, people.
There better be at least one shirtless scene though. I need me some fanservice. :JGLface: