Christian Bale will be “fitter than ever”, said his rep

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/22842 ... again.html
CHRISTIAN Bale is set for another dramatic transformation!

The Oscar-winning Fighter star is currently in intense training ahead of May and the start of filming on Chris Nolan’s Dark Knight Rises.

“Christian prepares for every role as if it will be his last,” says a source close to the actor.

“But with Bruce Wayne and Batman he feels this is his last chance to really nail the role. He’s pouring over comic books and he’s started the kind of diet and exercise regime that is more in line with an Olympic athlete than an actor. He’s going to be in the best shape of his life by the time he gets the Bat suit on again.”

Bale recently admitted he wants to “piss on the shoes” of a critic who wrote about his “trademark weight loss” acting.

“To be honest, I find it laughable that it’s considered to be some f-cking gimmick — it’s so patronizing,” he said.

“For God’s sake, do people not understand what a pain it is to do? It’s as though it’s some comment about, ‘Oh it’s easy for him, because he’s done it a bunch of times’.

“It’s not easy, it’s not fun — it’s horrible. I would never pick to do that, but it’s a part that I like and he’s a welterweight and he’s a crackhead.

“I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen a welterweight with any fat on him — or a crackhead. So it’s just what you end up having to do. Somebody told me that somebody wrote something about my ”trademark weight loss’. I’d just like to piss on that guy’s shoes.”

You piss in those shoes Bale! :lol:

I'm a bit afraid that this constant (I think we can consider this constant) drastic weight change is not at all healthy. I'm not an expert, I'm just guessing. I hope that he won't have any problem in the future caused by this commitment of his.

He's on his normal weight right now anyway so I think any change will not too drastic and harm him. I don't think he'll be doing any bulking up though. He's already in his TDK shape more or less and I think they'll stick with that.

Aside from the shoe pissing, Bale had several looks in BB. The early scenes, while in training with Ra's, he's very big. Later in the movie, the scene where he's doing his push up routine, he's visibly smaller and leaner. In the interviews on the extra's, they even say Bale was deemed too big at the start of filming, so he cutted during filming.
So, I don't think we'll be seeing the bulked up Bale from the beginning of BB in TDKR, sadly, because Bruce/Batman was always intended to be more athletic than a bodybuilder in the Nolanverse.

Bullitt wrote:Aside from the shoe pissing, Bale had several looks in BB. The early scenes, while in training with Ra's, he's very big. Later in the movie, the scene where he's doing his push up routine, he's visibly smaller and leaner. In the interviews on the extra's, they even say Bale was deemed too big at the start of filming, so he cutted during filming.
So, I don't think we'll be seeing the bulked up Bale from the beginning of BB in TDKR, sadly, because Bruce/Batman was always intended to be more athletic than a bodybuilder in the Nolanverse.
Yeah, in the scene where Bruce is trained at Ra's' place, he's really, really big :D In The Dark Knight he's much more "smaller", I think mainly because of the new style of the Batsuit.

Someone on SHH says that article is fake.

apw
Of course it is. It's some crap showbiz website quoting a "source".

I don't doubt Bale is getting fit for the role but that website hasn't spoken to anyone close to him.

Anyone remember the "Leo to appear emaciated in Inception" story?

I must have have missed those scenes.

Bale was great in Batman Begins, really bulked up for that, but he wasn't as fit or bulked up for The Dark Knight, so I'd like to see him pile on the pounds (in muscle, of course) to really show off what he can do (although, he has already). He's a great actor with stunning stamina, I can't wait for this!

Mason01 wrote:Bale was great in Batman Begins, really bulked up for that, but he wasn't as fit or bulked up for The Dark Knight, so I'd like to see him pile on the pounds (in muscle, of course) to really show off what he can do (although, he has already). He's a great actor with stunning stamina, I can't wait for this!
Imo Bale bulked up for BB only because of 2-3 scenes that were supposed to be in the movie and DID end up in the movie showing how intimidating his physics were. He didn't do the same for TDK, because he didn't need to. Only 1 nakedish scene + he had to fit into the new suit and be more agile.

That said I'm not sure if he really needs to be as bulky as in BB. Fit yes, relief yes, but bulky probably not.