'Batman 3' Awaiting Green Light

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Speaking in Italy where "Inception" only recently hit theaters, Christopher Nolan dropped an intriguing little nugget about the third installment of his celebrated Batman franchise saying that the picture isn't greenlit yet adding, “They haven’t told me they don’t want to do it, so I’m hopeful,” he joked.

Variety has since scrubbed the comment from their story but Batman News snagged the comments before they went away. Now before geeks everywhere furrow their brows, it's not at all surprising that Warner Bros. hasn't officially flipped the switch. Undoubtedly, the film is very actively in development and its likely that studio heads are waiting for firm budget number which they won't really have until casting, locations, marketing, etc are figured out and finalized. So, nothing to worry about, just a project that still needs to get a bit closer to the starting line.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... so-is.html
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Some non-news really. The headline gives the impression that it's being held up, like The Hobbit is, but there's obviously just nothing to greenlight yet. Probably why Variety removed it.

Image "Gimme the greeen liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, gimme just one niiiiiiiiiiight."

Seriously I think it's a financial issue, maybe they are uncertain of the budget right now. Or maybe WB is pushing him to do it in 3D.

But I'm not sure about that, because I would think that WB kisses the feet of Nolan every day.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Lol at this thread :) There is no question whether it will be finanzed or not. Its undoubtably 100% certain.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Lol at this thread :) There is no question whether it will be finanzed or not. Its undoubtably 100% certain.
saying it might not is stupid it will happen

This film will obviously happen as WB has set a date for it, but at the moment it is obvious that its in the very early stages of pre-production, as Nolan explain that he is going over the draft from his brother and added things. Finacially this film is most likely going to have 300 million (including advertising money) to play with. :oldmanface:

Jonas Agersø wrote:Lol at this thread :) There is no question whether it will be finanzed or not. Its undoubtably 100% certain.
Well I'm not saying they won't finance it, Batman is WB's flagship cashcow. I'm saying maybe they're stuck on what number to use. For example, whether WB would opt for a 180mil or 190mil budget.

It's probably some issue with minor details.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

the movie's gonna get done no matter what.
a lot of impatient people.