The Mad Hatter

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
natalie wrote:
rbevanx wrote:
natalie wrote:No, it is not the same.
I'm not talking about what actually happen with Heath and the Joker in TDK. We did't know that the character it would be so powerful and iconic because heath never has been playing that "type" of character.
With Deep it's different because he already play a lot of iconic characters and nobody expects nothing else for him.
I'm talking about perception. The first thing that cross my mine when I think on Johnny Deep is in "overacting" (in the good way of the meaning) iconic roles. I already have a preconception.
That did't happen with Heath.
The whole thing is cast against type, that's an extra point for the movie and Nolan do that so well.
What about David Bowie in the Prestige?
:eh: What about him? He is a wonderful music artist who use to make some movies.
And Nolan cast him against type if you think about it.

You really have a bad day, and I think you really want to have a fight on this but I won't.
This is what I think and I respect your point of view and everybody else.
Well I'm not that type of person :lol:

and I'm not looking for a fight.

But I say David Bowie because he was clearly chosen because he is an iconic figure rather han his acting. Hence why I think it's unfair just for everyone to say no to Depp.
He's great in Donnie Brasco, Edward Scissorhands etc.

Abbadon wrote:it's just a matter of taste... AND generations i believe, i know many grown ups who still believe that nicholson's joker is SUPERIOR in every way to ledger's

some people would like to see depp, pitt, reachel wood, talia al guhl, deathstroke, riddler... we all just think different and we're not ever gonna convince each other

but i would only like to see depp if he doesn't play a crazy loopey villan and make it enough developed to blow me just how heath's joker blew me. depp has been terribly typecasted lately so i tend to forget that he's still a great actor

he filmed a couple of recent movies where he doesnt play the weird characters ....public enemies, the rum diary, the tourist

talli wrote:
Abbadon wrote:it's just a matter of taste... AND generations i believe, i know many grown ups who still believe that nicholson's joker is SUPERIOR in every way to ledger's

some people would like to see depp, pitt, reachel wood, talia al guhl, deathstroke, riddler... we all just think different and we're not ever gonna convince each other

but i would only like to see depp if he doesn't play a crazy loopey villan and make it enough developed to blow me just how heath's joker blew me. depp has been terribly typecasted lately so i tend to forget that he's still a great actor

he filmed a couple of recent movies where he doesnt play the weird characters ....public enemies, the rum diary, the tourist

yeah i know but everybody just keep going to the cinema to see his eccentric characters. too bad :(

i did see public enemies, and i loved every minute :thumbup: