Batman 3 directed by J.J. Abrams

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Even if Nolan backed out of directing Batman 3 and he and Warner Bros wanted Abrams to take his place, I seriously doubt Abrams would take them up on the offer.

JJ Abrams is a powerful Hollywood player in his own right - there's no way he'd want to work under Nolan, having him looking over his shoulder the whole time.

Saying that, he probably would make a good Batman film. I thought Star Trek was great. And it was clearly influenced by Batman Begins.

Houdini's Brother wrote:Even if Nolan backed out of directing Batman 3 and he and Warner Bros wanted Abrams to take his place, I seriously doubt Abrams would take them up on the offer.

JJ Abrams is a powerful Hollywood player in his own right - there's no way he'd want to work under Nolan, having him looking over his shoulder the whole time.

Saying that, he probably would make a good Batman film. I thought Star Trek was great. And it was clearly influenced by Batman Begins.
Star Trek was great! i wasnt ever a fan of the franchise either; I like Star wars :P

how come everyone holds star trek in such a high esteem?, it was just an OK sci-fi movie, it didn't have anything we haven't seen before, I didn't feel emotionally connected with any of the characters, it was so bloody similar to the star wars prequels and even those were better in my opinion in terms of story.

i just wanted to lay out a vision.........and abrams directing is not a bad one. imagine batman kicking ass with his cinematography.

I love Abrams' work. I thought he did a terrific job with MI:3 and Star Trek, and he's probably my #1 choice to direct the Superman reboot (if I could only pick one director), but he shouldn't direct Batman 3, simply because it's Nolan's. Nolan managed to make TDK in such a way that it didn't feel or look like Batman Begins, and I can only image Batman 3 being different from the previous 2 in that way as well.

Should he direct Batman 4, though? I'm not exactly sure. I pick him for Superman because fantasy-epic fights him like a glove. But then again, his action scenes in general are exciting, the special effects are very well done, and there's a lot of emotion in his films. He could produce a great Batman film, but I feel he works better with concept that expand beyond the boundaries of Earth.

OVERMAN wrote:how come everyone holds star trek in such a high esteem?, it was just an OK sci-fi movie, it didn't have anything we haven't seen before, I didn't feel emotionally connected with any of the characters, it was so bloody similar to the star wars prequels and even those were better in my opinion in terms of story.
WHOA WHOA WHOA OVERMAN WHOA!!!!! Now Star Trek wasn't the second coming of christ, but jesus fuck it at least had some good performances. That Star Wars prequel trilogy is GOD AWFUL in that regard.

well that's why I said in terms of story, I didn't care about the performance of anyone in any of these star films
and what performance was so good on Star Trek? the guy who played McCoy?, Eric Bana?, ha ha give me a break!

Oh! Totally missed that.

The performances were good all around. The script is certainly a lot better, GOOD GOD THE DIALOG IN THOSE PREQUELS! Ugh those films are just so disappointing.

lol I remember some critic's review on episode 3 complaining about the same stuff
Man: you are so beautiful
Woman: it's because I'm so in love
Man: No, It's because I'm so in love with you.

Nah but the Star Trek performances were just regular stuff.
nothing extraordinary.

Star Trek was amazing because Abrams managed to make it in the spirit of the original tv show. It had good performances from the ensemble cast. And some incredible action set pieces.
In many ways, Star Trek is similar to Batman Begins - the most obvious being that it resuscitated the franchise. :-)