[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Lol that is hilarous :-D Does anyone know when she did that mocking of the death scene and how it was presented?

I personally feel its been a bit overblown though. It was bad but didn't ruin the character for me at least.

Anyways, I find it interesting the debate about the Talia-Bane relationship, but I cannot understand the ones who see it as a subordinate-underling thing. That is not how it was presented.

Case in point, the final scene between them. Talia turns to a mercenary (Barsad?) and says "Prepare a convoy. We must secure the bomb until it detonates". Her voice is unemotional, firm and business-like. This is a command, an order, to be carried out without question.

She then says to Bane "Don't kill him. I want to him feel the heat" etc. Her voice is now soft. This is a request, something she is asking of him. She is not ordering him.

Overall, I enjoyed her as Talia and wished we could have seen more of her being evil. "Miranda" was less captivating, but there is the replay value of picking up on the subtext of her words as well as seeing all her actions in a new light.

What if Nolan intentionally made Talia's death scene look bad to enhance the subtext of living for your parents' legacy being a pathetic philosophy. Hence Bruce deciding not to come back for Wayne Enterprises like Fischer in Inception. Kubrick did stuff like this with his actors not knowing what they were actually doing i.e. George C. Scott and Shelly Duvall.

dafox wrote:What if Nolan intentionally made Talia's death scene look bad to enhance the subtext of living for your parents' legacy being a pathetic philosophy. Hence Bruce deciding not to come back for Wayne Enterprises like Fischer in Inception. Kubrick did stuff like this with his actors not knowing what they were actually doing i.e. George C. Scott and Shelly Duvall.

I like it.

Allstar wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:Image

:lol:
This officially makes up for her performance.

Having watched it too many times now... her death isn't so bad. The scene survives.

And her dying to be close to her father is just fucking sad. For me it trumps the horrible last breath.

Either way that shit makes up for whatever she was lacking in the film. That's fucking great. :lol:

Her death scene aside, I thought she was great for the role she was meant to play. Were you really expecting anything like from La Vie en Rose?

I thought she was pretty great too. Her revelation scene is just amazing and her death scene never really bothered me that much except for the undue attention it got.

Rudinet wrote:I thought she was pretty great too. Her revelation scene is just amazing and her death scene never really bothered me that much except for the undue attention it got.
I agree. I went into the movie unspoiled, and so I had no inkling about the reveal (except for catching the slight foreshadowing when they showed her scar when Bruce touches it), so it worked great for me. And then learning a bit about comic book Talia, I think Marion was an excellent pick to play that character.

Peace wrote:Having watched it too many times now... her death isn't so bad. The scene survives.

And her dying to be close to her father is just fucking sad. For me it trumps the horrible last breath.

Either way that shit makes up for whatever she was lacking in the film. That's fucking great. :lol:
I think it's comparable to Bale's Batvoice, which gets made fun of a lot, and even I make fun of it too, but in context it serves the purpose and I really don't mind it. In fact, I might even enjoy it.