[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Marion comes back to comment upon her death scene once again:

http://leplus.nouvelobs.com/contributio ... obinsource

For those who can't read the article, she's basically being a huge bitch and says that the problem came from Nolan himself; that she has always dreamt of working with directors she admires, and that when she works with directors and on sets she doesn't like, she acts badly. To sum it up, she says she thinks Nolan was responsible for her bad acting (I'm talking for the death scene only)... when you know it's her who convinced Nolan to let her work in TDKR, this is beyond stupidity. So okay, she's been made fun of and flamed a lot for this scene, but to put the blame on Nolan for this is simply cowardly and immature.

there's no excuse for using that take but also no excuse for acting like that

Ace
That article says she said this on the actress roundtable she did for the Hollywood reporter, but she never mentioned Nolan or TDKR, she was talking about a bad experience she had with a director on one of her french films.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Marion comes back to comment upon her death scene once again:

For those who can't read the article, she's basically being a huge bitch and says that the problem came from Nolan himself; that she has always dreamt of working with directors she admires, and that when she works with directors and on sets she doesn't like, she acts badly. To sum it up, she says she thinks Nolan was responsible for her bad acting (I'm talking for the death scene only)... when you know it's her who convinced Nolan to let her work in TDKR, this is beyond stupidity. So okay, she's been made fun of and flamed a lot for this scene, but to put the blame on Nolan for this is simply cowardly and immature.

Ok I'm french and I have to say you are a complete liar. The article is about THR actresses roundtable where she talked about a movie she shot in the desert. She didn't say a word about TDKR or Chris Nolan! That's total bullshit you switched every word it's unbelievable! You clearly hate her and lying about her just for making more haters like you is immature and nasty!

The article does the same thing by using THR roundtable and relating it to TDKR story but go to THR and watch the hour long interview by yourself! This is total disinformation.

mk38 wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:Marion comes back to comment upon her death scene once again:

Ok I'm french and I have to say you are a complete liar. The article is about THR actresses roundtable where she talked about a movie she shot in the desert. She didn't say a word about TDKR or Chris Nolan! That's total bullshit you switched every word it's unbelievable! You clearly hate her and lying about her just for making more haters like you is immature and nasty!

The article does the same thing by using THR roundtable and relating it to TDKR story but go to THR and watch the hour long interview by yourself! This is total disinformation.

Haha I re-read the article so many times to make sure it wasn't a misunderstanding on my part. That's what I got as well she was referring to the film "The Last Flight". The article is more of speculation on why she did not include Nolan in the list of the directors she mentioned. The writer fail to mention that she was shooting that film I think before she was cast in inception and at that time just recently worked with both Rob Marshall and Michael Mann.
Last edited by cooldude on November 22nd, 2012, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

mk38 wrote:

Google Translated it to:
Surrounded by the cream of cinema, she does not mince words and talks about his worst experiences of cinema. It evokes "The Last Flight" saying she "fell in love with the project", "she fought for him to the director before trying to kill him." She admits that she has imagined turn under the leadership of directors of actors she admires as "Michael Mann and Rob Marshall," to improve its performance. Then she concludes: "When I do not like the director and filming, I'm bad to the screen."

Public ridicule, Cotillard seems to have found here an opportunity to justify to their peers. The fact that she does not put Nolan filmmakers she admired, then he led in two huge hits, reveals watermark criticism towards his direction of actors. In fact, singled out for its poor play in "The Dark Knight Rises", she emphasized here that the problem is always due to its link with the director.

It does not mention the buzz, not trying to defend the film, the director or to justify his performance problematic: it assumes that it can only deliver a catastrophic interpretation when it is misdirected. Anne Hathaway, his playing partner in TDKR, sitting beside him on that occasion, would be far from sharing his thoughts of revenge on Nolan; indeed her performance in Catwoman, one of the most breathtaking of his career was even hailed by President Obama.

I'm still confused. :?

the_red_ninja wrote:I'm still confused. :?
I didn't even try to figure it out. :wtf:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

the_red_ninja wrote:I'm still confused. :?
I don't think SomeFrenchToast watched the short video or even read the article properly. In the video, Marion is talking about her bad experience on working with the director of "The Last Flight". She did not reference Nolan at all. But there is a moment when she was explaining a troubling scene and how difficult it was for her to act in it that she thought of directors like Rob Marshall or Michael Mann as her motivation to complete to scene. The article goes on to speculate that since she did not include Nolan in the list that she probably has some sort of vendetta against him based on the public criticism towards her in the dark knight rises.

It didn't make sense since she didn't even work with Nolan before or during the shooting of that film. Why would she think of him? The writer is twisting Marion's words and trying to blame Nolan for the acting.

07202012 wrote:
mk38 wrote:

Google Translated it to:
Surrounded by the cream of cinema, she does not mince words and talks about his worst experiences of cinema. It evokes "The Last Flight" saying she "fell in love with the project", "she fought for him to the director before trying to kill him." She admits that she has imagined turn under the leadership of directors of actors she admires as "Michael Mann and Rob Marshall," to improve its performance. Then she concludes: "When I do not like the director and filming, I'm bad to the screen."

Public ridicule, Cotillard seems to have found here an opportunity to justify to their peers. The fact that she does not put Nolan filmmakers she admired, then he led in two huge hits, reveals watermark criticism towards his direction of actors. In fact, singled out for its poor play in "The Dark Knight Rises", she emphasized here that the problem is always due to its link with the director.

It does not mention the buzz, not trying to defend the film, the director or to justify his performance problematic: it assumes that it can only deliver a catastrophic interpretation when it is misdirected. Anne Hathaway, his playing partner in TDKR, sitting beside him on that occasion, would be far from sharing his thoughts of revenge on Nolan; indeed her performance in Catwoman, one of the most breathtaking of his career was even hailed by President Obama.
Speculation. :judge:
gib sigs