[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Only thing actually bad about her death scene was her final breath and it was only like two fucking seconds. Thanks to the internet for blowing it way out of proportion. :facepalm:

Nice to see I am not alone.

I think Marion was fine overall, and I very much love the reveal scene, her most crucial scene by far. She did that one very well, everything from the surprising knife stab to the end when she gets into Bruce's face. Her contempt for him is so palpable, and comparing this scene with how vulrenable and shaken up she looked in the earlier holding room scene with Lucius Fox, it is almost hard to believe it is the same actress playing both roles. The transformation is complete, so to say.

Any complaints I have fall mostly on Nolan, aside from the death. I liked what we got, but would have prefered the reveal to have been worked in a little earlier in the story to give Talia a little more screen time.

It is not just about the death scene. :roll: It is simply a shockingly bad performance from Cotillard front to end, it really hurts the film.

I thought the character was performed accurately to who the Talia of the comics and animated series was. She's cold and low-key. That's what she is. That's what her characterization is the far majority of the time. The writing, on the other hand, for a lot of her adult character, didn't do much to get the audience invested in her character and her relationship to Bruce Wayne or anyone else (until the reveal scene), particularly on a first time watch. Too much telling, not enough showing. It also doesn't help when Catwoman is in the story, which just confuses the audience as to who they are suppose to be invested in more. The unknown, Miranda Tate, or Selina, or who everyone knows from prior video media appearances?

MagnarTheGreat wrote:I thought the character was performed accurately to who the Talia of the comics and animated series was. She's cold and low-key. That's what she is. That's what her characterization is the far majority of the time. The writing, on the other hand, for a lot of her adult character, didn't do much to get the audience invested in her character and her relationship to Bruce Wayne or anyone else (until the reveal scene), particularly on a first time watch. Too much telling, not enough showing. It also doesn't help when Catwoman is in the story, which just confuses the audience as to who they are suppose to be invested in more. The unknown, Miranda Tate, or Selina, or who everyone knows from prior video media appearances?
:clap:

Thedarknight628 wrote: :clap:

;)

ComptonTerry wrote:
Knight_White/Dark wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:What was the last thing Talia said to Bruce in the city hall building? I know she said "you failed" but what was the sentence before that? Been trying to figure it out.
"Don't kill him, I want him to feel the heat.Feel the fire of 12 million souls. You failed."
Thank. You.

Despite her horrible death scene, that line gave me serious chills. Her tone and he eyes conveyed exactly what they were supposed to... a vengeful bitch.
Indeed, it's unsettling the way she looks at Bruce.

The scene can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuW0UtjJTRE

I love Marion's acting in the movie, specially when she says "Don't kill him. I want him to feel the heat. To feel the fire of twelve million souls you failed."

About Talia's death scene, I think it was was absolutely purposely.

Baniac wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Just noticed something- i'm not sure if this has been discussed before.

During Miranda's first scene with John Dagget, she says "But you understand only money, and the power you think it buys" before walking off. Later in the film, just before Bane kills Dagget, Dagget protests to Bane that he's paid him a small fortune, and Bane says "and you think this gives you...'power' over me?"

Subtle foreshadow? Maybe
Yes, I thought of that on my second viewing, too. Along the same lines is Miranda's fund raiser where she tells Bruce that the money raised "will go where they should." Little did we know at first that she meant the Bane Fund. :lol:
I did not even think about that. If indeed the charity money went to Bane's operation... Talia had the wealthy of Gotham helping to fund their own destruction. How perverse! :shock:

Someone on IMDb posted this on Cotillard's board: