[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nadine wrote:There's an article coming out this weekend in France to coincide with Cannes Film Festival. She called her part in the movie small.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/mario ... e_a79199/1
well i guess she's not talia then, but will she have more screen time than she did in inception????

Marry me, Marion?

cooldued wrote:
nadine wrote:There's an article coming out this weekend in France to coincide with Cannes Film Festival. She called her part in the movie small.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/mario ... e_a79199/1
well i guess she's not talia then, but will she have more screen time than she did in inception????
Well she did call her parts in Inception (and Contagion) small as well.

and they are.

OWNED.

allstarr55js wrote:
and they are.
Not disagreeing with you. Her part in Contagion is close to the largest of the female roles - but everyone in that movie will have limited screen time because it's an ensemble piece.

The article's online now

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/ma ... 511-150024

Yeah, "small" probably refers to her screen time, but not necessarily to her importance. Mal was maybe the most important character in Inception without even being a real character. :P
That said, if she's not going to have a lot of screen time (which was kinda predictable, since she was cast so late) I doubt even more that she is Talia.

i think she referring it as a supporting role rather than a small role, i think the role is larger than inception because the shooting period is longer (well from what was first reported). My french is a little rough but does she say at the end of that question (when the reporter asks her about her baby slowing her career for awhile that she wants to be a lead rather than supporting in the near future.

cooldued wrote:i think she referring it as a supporting role rather than a small role, i think the role is larger than inception because the shooting period is longer (well from what was first reported). My french is a little rough but does she say at the end of that question (when the reporter asks her about her baby slowing her career for awhile that she wants to be a lead rather than supporting in the near future.
Yeah you got the gist of it all regarding supporting/small and lead. She basically indicated that she'll be doing lead roles again after doing supporting roles for past two years. That goes in line with both her and Guillaume's UK press interviews when asked about whether she'd do more French roles in the future and how she on purpose took on supporting English supporting roles (+ two French roles - one supporting, the other lead) since her Oscar win.

Though that last line basically implies a possible bio-pic of herself. :lol:

cooldued wrote:i think she referring it as a supporting role rather than a small role, i think the role is larger than inception because the shooting period is longer (well from what was first reported).
Yeah, but we don't know anything about Marion Cotillard's own shooting period.

This is what she says about Batman:
j’enchaîne immédiatement avec le tournage de Batman, de Christopher Nolan ; l’occasion de reprendre en douceur : il s’agit d’un petit rôle. Un tournage d’un confort absolu pour mon enfant.
which reads more or less like this in English:
"I'll immediately move on to shooting Christopher Nolan's Batman; an opportunity for me to make a smooth re-entry: it's a small role. A shooting in total comfort for my child."

I get the impression that she's not going to be extremely busy with the shooting.