[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Balefan wrote:
anonymity wrote:And she doesn't hide her identity, she works as Talia.

Are you sure??
In the description of the character is said that she already used an alias before.
So Miranda can be Talia very well.
And if her father also used an alias,why not her?
It´s bs what you´re saying.

Of what description are you speaking? I'm going by the stories I have and read. My reference is not BS. She is Talia when she works for Lex Corp. That is the incident to which I was referring. And I am not aware of a story where she goes by another name other than Talia. If there is one which there may be I am unaware of it.

She can use an alias like her father. I've no issue with that. My big issues with all of this is that she wasn't mentioned in Begins and while Ras used an alias in Begins Ras was still the main villain of the film. We've got two major villains here, Bane and Catwoman.

I'm saying the statement I keep dancing around but haven't actually said.

Talia Al Ghul will NOT be in The Dark Knight Rises. How do I know? I don't, but it is my strong opinion that she won't be.

anonymity wrote: My big issues with all of this is that she wasn't mentioned in Begins and while Ras used an alias in Begins Ras was still the main villain of the film. We've got two major villains here, Bane and Catwoman.

both of those have already been addressed. You never said anything to invalidate the response

talli wrote:
anonymity wrote: My big issues with all of this is that she wasn't mentioned in Begins and while Ras used an alias in Begins Ras was still the main villain of the film. We've got two major villains here, Bane and Catwoman.

both of those have already been addressed. You never said anything to invalidate the response

That's because there's nothing to invalidate. It's logical for Talia to use an alias like her father. As there are other valid points many people have made in favor of Talia's possible appearance in TDKR.

There are logical reasons both ways as to why she will or won't be in TDKR. I'm just choosing a side of the fence now honestly and that side is that she won't appear in the film even if Talia isn't Miranda Tate, I just don't think the character will be a part of the story.

anonymity wrote:
talli wrote:

That's because there's nothing to invalidate. It's logical for Talia to use an alias like her father. As there are other valid points many people have made in favor of Talia's possible appearance in TDKR.

There are logical reasons both ways as to why she will or won't be in TDKR. I'm just choosing a side of the fence now honestly and that side is that she won't appear in the film even if Talia isn't Miranda Tate, I just don't think the character will be a part of the story.

:facepalm:

you still haven't said as to why Ras would need to mention Talia when trying to draw a connection between him and Bruce? Bruce lost his parents...Why would Ras talk about a child that is alive...how is that gonna help him recruit Bruce?

Also, Cat woman isn't a villain...she is an anti hero...that gives room for one more villain

talli wrote:
anonymity wrote:

you still haven't said as to why Ras would need to mention Talia when trying to draw a connection between him and Bruce? Bruce lost his parents...Why would Ras talk about a child that is alive...how is that gonna help him recruit Bruce?

Also, Cat woman isn't a villain...she is an anti hero...that gives room for one more villain

If you look at the history of Batman Talia is considered as much of an anti hero as Catwoman. She only did certain things out of loyalty to her Father. But when you put them both up to scale they still tip towards a villain.

Bottom line I disagree, Catwoman and Bane are the villains.

Lastly, you don't open up about your wife and neglect to mention your children. Especially since a child would have given Ras some sort of hope to keep him from falling. From that confession in Begins it was obvious to the audience that his wife, his great love was all he had and that she was taken from him. All of a sudden there's a daughter too?

No. She's not in the movie. And you can say I told ya so all you like if she is.

anonymity wrote:
talli wrote:

If you look at the history of Batman Talia is considered as much of an anti hero as Catwoman. She only did certain things out of loyalty to her Father. But when you put them both up to scale they still tip towards a villain.

Bottom line I disagree, Catwoman and Bane are the villains.

Lastly, you don't open up about your wife and neglect to mention your children. Especially since a child would have given Ras some sort of hope to keep him from falling. From that confession in Begins it was obvious to the audience that his wife, his great love was all he had and that she was taken from him. All of a sudden there's a daughter too?

No. She's not in the movie. And you can say I told ya so all you like if she is.
okay...so Talia is an Anti Hero TOO.. that further goes against your argument that there are too many villains...we only have one villain, Bane....and 2 anti hero females

you still don't get it....why would Ras mention the daughter and show Bruce he had something to hold onto, when Bruce didn't....that will give Bruce an excuse to say "you didnt lose everything...a part of your wife lives on through your daughter...i lost everything I ever held close to me"

anonymity wrote:Talia Al Ghul will NOT be in The Dark Knight Rises. How do I know? I don't, but it is my strong opinion that she won't be.

And I have a strong opinion that she WILL be!
Everything points to her being in the movie,baby.
But sure...you say she won´t be just because YOU DON´T WANT!!
The Talia haters, like you,want to prove for A+B that Talia won´t be in the movie, but she WILL be... just don´t see who does not want.
If Nolan wants Talia in TDKR,she will be,you wanting or not.
Last edited by Balefan on May 5th, 2011, 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Asked by 24 Frames in a recent interview about her part in the film, Cotillard responded with a coy, "My role is a secret, as is the whole project." So speculation about who she'll actually be -- from a love interest of Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman to a more shadowy character -- can run riot.

Cotillard did offer some thoughts on why she joined the film -- namely, a chance to reunite with Nolan. And she said she has a specific regard for Batman among pretty much all the superheroes out there.

Just what is it about Batman that makes him so appealing to the actress? It's that brooding thing. "I think it's that he's human," Cotillard said. "He can't really fly, and he doesn't have superpowers. And he has that darkness inside."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ ... -role.html

Balefan wrote:
anonymity wrote:Talia Al Ghul will NOT be in The Dark Knight Rises. How do I know? I don't, but it is my strong opinion that she won't be.

And I have a strong opinion that she WILL be!
Everything points to her being in the movie,baby.
But sure...you say she won´t be just because YOU DON´T WANT!!
The Talia haters, like you,want to prove for A+B that Talia won´t be in the movie, but she WILL be... just don´t see who does not want.
If Nolan wants Talia in TDKR,she will be,you wanting or not.
I get a kick out of you.