Batman 3 - Inspiration?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nolan used the 1982 film "blade runner" as a inspiration for batman begins. he screened "blade runner" to cinematographer wally pfister and two others to show the attitude and style that he wanted to draw from the film.

and we all do know that "heat" inspired nolan in some ways during the prodcution/filming of the dark knight.

so, which movie do you think will inspire him for the last batman movie?

Christopher Nolan wrote:nolan used the 1982 film "blade runner" as a inspiration for batman begins. he screened "blade runner" to cinematographer wally pfister and two others to show the attitude and style that he wanted to draw from the film.

and we all do know that "heat" inspired nolan in some ways during the prodcution/filming of the dark knight.

so, which movie do you think will inspire him for the last batman movie?

hopefully some kind of psychological thriller that has a slower pace than both of these movies...i think thats one of Nolan's biggest problems....too fast paced

I actually see more Blade Runner in The Dark Knight than Batman Begins :?

Eternalist wrote:I actually see more Blade Runner in The Dark Knight than Batman Begins :?
Really? Cause all I though went I saw Balde Runner for the first time was Batman Begins. Also, it'll be interesting to see what Batman comics he takes into consideration. The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, and Batman Year 1 were all graphic novels used to support BB and TDK... but what about Batman 3? Cause as soon as we find out, I'm buying 'em!

On a side note, he screened Pink Floyd's The Wall for Inception... does anyone else know if he screened movies before The Prestige, Insomnia, or Memento?

Inception 8-)

Vertigo
The Shinning
Raging Bull

Syncopy54 wrote:
Eternalist wrote:I actually see more Blade Runner in The Dark Knight than Batman Begins :?
Really? Cause all I though went I saw Balde Runner for the first time was Batman Begins. Also, it'll be interesting to see what Batman comics he takes into consideration. The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, and Batman Year 1 were all graphic novels used to support BB and TDK... but what about Batman 3? Cause as soon as we find out, I'm buying 'em!

On a side note, he screened Pink Floyd's The Wall for Inception... does anyone else know if he screened movies before The Prestige, Insomnia, or Memento?
If it was never stated, I'd have never connected the two movies because there's really nothing significant that I can see in Batman Begins that suggests Blade Runner was a major influence. I think The Dark Knight has far more Blade Runner influence, whether intentional or not.

We also know that Michael Manns' HEAT was used as inspiration for TDK also.

MOVIE Inspiration:
SEVEN
VERTIGO
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
INCEPTION
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
THE DEPARTED

COMIC Inspiration:
THE LONG HALLOWEEN
DARK VICTORY
HEART OF HUSH
NO MANS LAND
KNIGHTFALL

PULP FICTION :lol:

The Usual Suspects (twisted plot)
Children of Men (masterpiece action-scenes)