If Batman 3 is in 3d...

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nolan said that they converted some parts of inception in 3d. it looked good but they had no time to convert the whole movie. so, he isnt totally against 3d. he prefers 3d convert..and i can see that happening with batman 3. especially in terms of money. tdk made huge money at the box office, ledger's death played a sad part in terms of money and this sad boost wont be the case for batman 3. so, thinking about converting the film in 3d isnt a bad idea. warner bros. wont push nolan, but they also want to beat the dark knight numbers and this could happen with 3d much easier than without it. nolan knows that too and as long as it's only 3d convert...nolan wont be totally against it..

Christopher Nolan wrote:nolan said that they converted some parts of inception in 3d. it looked good but they had no time to convert the whole movie. so, he isnt totally against 3d. he prefers 3d convert..and i can see that happening with batman 3. especially in terms of money. tdk made huge money at the box office, ledger's death played a sad part in terms of money and this sad boost wont be the case for batman 3. so, thinking about converting the film in 3d isnt a bad idea. warner bros. wont push nolan, but they also want to beat the dark knight numbers and this could happen with 3d much easier than without it. nolan knows that too and as long as it's only 3d convert...nolan wont be totally against it..
I'm actually surprised at that. The conversion process has been heavily criticised by many within the industry and I figured that if Nolan were to buy into the 3-D thing he would do it properly. It will be interesting to see what form any 3-D movie he makes will take in the future.

I think Batman 3 will be able to push past The Dark Knight's numbers without 3D. Mostly because of everyone's, including the general audience, anticipation for the sequel.

I don't think it will need to be post-converted to 3D just to make some extra money. Couldn't IMAX provide that same extra money anyways?

chee wrote:I think Batman 3 will be able to push past The Dark Knight's numbers without 3D. Mostly because of everyone's, including the general audience, anticipation for the sequel.

I don't think it will need to be post-converted to 3D just to make some extra money. Couldn't IMAX provide that same extra money anyways?
I actually agree. The Dark Knight was an incredibly popular film and I think that was down to the quality of it. I know some naysayers believe it was partly done to Heath Ledger's death, and whilst I'm sure there was some curiousity in seeing his final performance, at the end of the day it was a tremendous Batman movie and the film has left audiences with a taste for more.

Lord Caldlow wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:nolan said that they converted some parts of inception in 3d. it looked good but they had no time to convert the whole movie. so, he isnt totally against 3d. he prefers 3d convert..and i can see that happening with batman 3. especially in terms of money. tdk made huge money at the box office, ledger's death played a sad part in terms of money and this sad boost wont be the case for batman 3. so, thinking about converting the film in 3d isnt a bad idea. warner bros. wont push nolan, but they also want to beat the dark knight numbers and this could happen with 3d much easier than without it. nolan knows that too and as long as it's only 3d convert...nolan wont be totally against it..
I'm actually surprised at that. The conversion process has been heavily criticised by many within the industry and I figured that if Nolan were to buy into the 3-D thing he would do it properly. It will be interesting to see what form any 3-D movie he makes will take in the future.
Well, there are two things to consider:

1) Nolan refuses to shoot on digital. Wally claims he'll quit the industry if he were forced to do a digital intermediate, fer cryin' out loud. :lol: The team HATES digital.

2) Shooting in 3-D requires that you shoot on digital. No way getting around that.

Hence, that's why post-conversion will be the only way Nolan does 3-D, in the foreseeable future. :)
chee wrote:I think Batman 3 will be able to push past The Dark Knight's numbers without 3D. Mostly because of everyone's, including the general audience, anticipation for the sequel.

There are way more 3-D screens than IMAX screens, IIRC.

I don't think Batman 3 will be able to get past TDK's numbers without 3-D. It became a cultural phenomenon, and you can't bottle that up and say that the next film will automatically be able to do more. That's what Marvel/Paramount thought about IM2... :think:

Anyway, Nolan's only concern should be making a great movie. The cultural phenomenon stuff is pretty much out of his hands.

I really don't think it was Heath Ledger's death that made everyone want to go see it. It was Heath Ledger's Joker that made everyone want to go see it. It was just a really good adaptation of the character.

Look at Michael Jackson and the release of This is It. Barely anyone saw that movie.

chee wrote:I really don't think it was Heath Ledger's death that made everyone want to go see it. It was Heath Ledger's Joker that made everyone want to go see it. It was just a really good adaptation of the character.
the death of ledger pushed the movie massiv. no doubt that many people wanted to see the dark knight, but as soon as ledger died, the movie got a massiv boost. everyone talked about him and his role. even people who didnt plan to see the dark knight suddenly wanted to see the film. his death influenced many people...

Christopher Nolan wrote:
chee wrote:I really don't think it was Heath Ledger's death that made everyone want to go see it. It was Heath Ledger's Joker that made everyone want to go see it. It was just a really good adaptation of the character.
the death of ledger pushed the movie massiv. no doubt that many people wanted to see the dark knight, but as soon as ledger died, the movie got a massiv boost. everyone talked about him and his role. even people who didnt plan to see the dark knight suddenly wanted to see the film. his death influenced many people...
Total exaggeration. I'm a huge Heath fan, but the film was popular for many reasons of which is sad passing was just one.

Christopher Nolan wrote:
While obviously Ledger's death played a role in getting different segments of moviegoers into the theaters, now, all those people who might not have seen TDK otherwise, have seen it, and are surely huge fans of it. Which means, regardless of the death of a major cast member, or it being in 3D, I think it's safe to say that the whole world will be anticipating Batman 3, and will see it because they want to see where the story goes. TDK got nominated for 8 Oscars, won 2, and made over $1 billion. I really don't think it needs anything else to get people into the theater other than it's eventual title.

there's no doubt that people are desperately waiting for batman 3. but the question is, will it make tdk numbers? it will be a tough race. i think it is possible but only if everything is superb (movie, critics, marketing)...