holy shhh..the JGL rumor is true?!!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
from firstshowing....one of the few movie blogs i trust

We're not officially kicking off Comic-Con until tomorrow, but today we have a huge bit of news regarding a comic book flick that likely doesn't even have a presence at this year's convention. We've gotten word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for Chris Nolan's highly anticipated to the sequel to The Dark Knight, which is still called Batman 3 at Warner Bros. Even more interesting, the actor currently listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain is none other than Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose status is just listed as "interested." Let's all say it together now: Hell. Yes!

We'd like to point out that this news should be considered confirmation that The Riddler is the villain in Batman 3 and less confirmation of the recent suggestions/rumors regarding Gordon-Levitt's casting as the enigmatic villain. A casting grid is used in the industry to keep production companies, agencies, etc. in the loop on a project's progress and the roles available for actors to potentially take. These documents are used for business planning in the industry and by no means would use internet speculation to list a character that may not even appear in the film. But when it comes to listing actors, this is info that can change at anytime, and just because an actor or studio is interested in one or the other, does not mean it will actually happen.

We're also cautious because the age range listed for the character is 35 to 45, and with Gordon-Levitt being 29 years old falls a little short of the mark. Of course, this wouldn't really be a reason for him to be excluded as characters can be modified in the script to accommodate a favored actor. On the lighter side though, the actor is fresh off working with Nolan on the brilliant Inception, so they've surely developed quite a working relationship as Gordon-Levitt called him "the genuine article… a real artist" and "a unique voice." For now we'll consider Gordon-Levitt's involvement a rumor, but seeing The Riddler in a studio casting grid is solid confirmation of Nolan's villain for Batman 3. Hopefully we'll get an official confirmation sooner than later.

Read more: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/20/ ... z0uHZUQk7Y

Meh. I'm not getting myself in any of this until there's concrete official news on JGL's involvement and moreso that there's a Riddler in the 3rd movie.

GAH! I hope this is true!!!!

hmm, I don't dislike the idea, but I'd much rather have Tom Hardy as Black Mask, or have the 2. I just don't think JGL is that great, honnestly...

Can the "interested" status be caused by the internet rumors or is it more concrete?

Meh, I just don't think the Riddler can be threatening enough to be a stand alone villain in a Batman movie, no matter who is playing him. I hope I'm wrong.

TauHeel05 wrote:Can the "interested" status be caused by the internet rumors or is it more concrete?

i was wondering the same thing...you think the execs read the rumor and just threw his name in there just to have a name??

but if the source is right, atleast we know the riddlr is definitely in it
CroissantRoll wrote:Meh, I just don't think the Riddler can be threatening enough to be a stand alone villain in a Batman movie, no matter who is playing him. I hope I'm wrong.

dont base your speculation on previous conceptions of the character...i'm sure nolan will nolan-ize the character

dont forget that Jigsaw also likes riddles....look at how long its taking to stop him...theyre on their 8th movie already :lol:

talli wrote:
CroissantRoll wrote:Meh, I just don't think the Riddler can be threatening enough to be a stand alone villain in a Batman movie, no matter who is playing him. I hope I'm wrong.

dont base your speculation on previous conceptions of the character...i'm sure nolan will nolan-ize the character

dont forget that Jigsaw also likes riddles....look at how long its taking to stop him...theyre on their 8th movie already :lol:
That's why Nolan's doing it and not me lol. I wouldn't be able to write the Riddler into the scenario they've made after TDK.

JGL would be my 4th choice to play Riddler behind DiCaprio, Depp and Law. 8-)

Tom Hardy is my top choice as Black Mask or Deadshot :think:

law would be pretty interesting...i cant see dicaprio doing it, cause it would be dicaprio

if jgl does it, i kind of envision him playing him as a very cerebral obsessive film-noirish detective hell bent on figuring out who the batman is....and bring a gloominess to it

so the look would be something like this