Announcement at Comic Con?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
chee wrote:
Anita18 wrote:The first time I went to SDCC, I went to the WB panel thinking I was gonna get some Batman news...and then I missed all the viral goodness happening outside. :evil: :lol:
What kind of viral goodness? And what year did you go?

The viral awesomeness that I'm making up for, because I've been working on the crazy-ass compilation that even the 42 Entertainment guys didn't bother doing. Coincidentally, I'm currently (as in, this very second) proof-reading the Comic Con pages I've coded for it. :lol:

You can see what we apparently both missed here: http://batman.wikibruce.com/Whysoserious.com/ComicCon

Anita18 wrote:2007.

The viral awesomeness that I'm making up for, because I've been working on the crazy-ass compilation that even the 42 Entertainment guys didn't bother doing. Coincidentally, I'm currently (as in, this very second) proof-reading the Comic Con pages I've coded for it. :lol:

You can see what we apparently both missed here: http://batman.wikibruce.com/Whysoserious.com/ComicCon
Aww, that looks totally fun.

I hope they have something like that for the 2011 Comic-Con.

Now that i think of it, i find quite astonishing that Warner Bros didn't give Nolan a panel for discussing Inception. The movie's concepts fit right in with Comic Con's brand and it would have been a great opportunity for fans to talk to the man about his thoughts about the movie and the reactions it has garnered so far. Plus, it would have been the best place for him to drop some Batman 3 details for us! Really disappointed that there's no Nolan panel. :-(

kanjisheik wrote:Now that i think of it, i find quite astonishing that Warner Bros didn't give Nolan a panel for discussing Inception. The movie's concepts fit right in with Comic Con's brand and it would have been a great opportunity for fans to talk to the man about his thoughts about the movie and the reactions it has garnered so far. Plus, it would have been the best place for him to drop some Batman 3 details for us! Really disappointed that there's no Nolan panel. :-(
That might be a little too attention-whore-y for Nolan. :lol: The guy is notoriously secretive about his work, and frankly, isn't very engaging when he talks in person. He's all business, it isn't like joking with the audience like what many of the panelists try to do. He already looks incredibly uncomfortable when people tell him how awesome he is during panel Q&A's, which I assure you what 90% of them will be like for him here on out. :lol:

Besides, I think most people are there for concrete news and (preferably free) swag, not a philosophical lecture. :lol:

It isn't like a Neil Gaiman panel, where he can just drop in and start rambling about nothing in particular and we all listen with bated breath because even when Neil Gaiman is making stuff up on the spot, he's an amazing storyteller. :thumbup: Nolan is much more calculated, and certainly not as rambly.

Yea, Nolan looked like he was about to vomit when some dude told him that he was amazing. :lol:

Anita18 wrote:
kanjisheik wrote:Now that i think of it, i find quite astonishing that Warner Bros didn't give Nolan a panel for discussing Inception. The movie's concepts fit right in with Comic Con's brand and it would have been a great opportunity for fans to talk to the man about his thoughts about the movie and the reactions it has garnered so far. Plus, it would have been the best place for him to drop some Batman 3 details for us! Really disappointed that there's no Nolan panel. :-(
That might be a little too attention-whore-y for Nolan. :lol: The guy is notoriously secretive about his work, and frankly, isn't very engaging when he talks in person. He's all business, it isn't like joking with the audience like what many of the panelists try to do. He already looks incredibly uncomfortable when people tell him how awesome he is during panel Q&A's, which I assure you what 90% of them will be like for him here on out. :lol:

Besides, I think most people are there for concrete news and (preferably free) swag, not a philosophical lecture. :lol:

It isn't like a Neil Gaiman panel, where he can just drop in and start rambling about nothing in particular and we all listen with bated breath because even when Neil Gaiman is making stuff up on the spot, he's an amazing storyteller. :thumbup: Nolan is much more calculated, and certainly not as rambly.
You're right as always, Anita, but i can dream, cant I? ;) :)

I envy you so much cos you've gone to Comic Con. I'm a hardcore comicbook addict and would love to listen to Neil someday. Hopefully, i'll travel halfway across the world someday and watch him live. :thumbup:

chee wrote:Yea, Nolan looked like he was about to vomit when some dude told him that he was amazing. :lol:
:lol:

actually that guy said that he considered Nolan to be the greatest director of all time and that's cool

kanjisheik wrote:
Anita18 wrote:That might be a little too attention-whore-y for Nolan. :lol: The guy is notoriously secretive about his work, and frankly, isn't very engaging when he talks in person. He's all business, it isn't like joking with the audience like what many of the panelists try to do. He already looks incredibly uncomfortable when people tell him how awesome he is during panel Q&A's, which I assure you what 90% of them will be like for him here on out. :lol:

You're right as always, Anita, but i can dream, cant I? ;) :)

I envy you so much cos you've gone to Comic Con. I'm a hardcore comicbook addict and would love to listen to Neil someday. Hopefully, i'll travel halfway across the world someday and watch him live. :thumbup:
I think it's a requirement for geeks, to go at least once. I've been twice, but it's just too insane now. This year the 4-day passes sold out LAST FALL. I mean, you'd probably spend more time waiting in line than actually seeing stuff!

I'm kinda glad I didn't go last year. Apparently they made the mistake of scheduling the Twilight panel in Hall H (the biiiig one, holds 7,000 people) later on in the day and so many Twihards camped out the night before and took over all the seats for the morning panels, that many people who really wanted to go to a morning panel couldn't, because of the Twihards who just wanted to ensure a seat for themselves during the Twilight panel. :lol:

I won't lie, I've done that before. Sat through a Focus Features panel just so I could have a good seat for the Pixar panel later. But it wasn't all for naught - they announced a secret screening Coraline footage at the Focus Features panel and I got to meet Neil Gaiman AND Henry Selick, and a limited edition Coraline poster specially signed by those two. :clap: It's cool stuff like that that makes Comic Con awesome, although due to the number of people, I think it's harder to do stuff like that now.
Dark Nolan wrote:
chee wrote:Yea, Nolan looked like he was about to vomit when some dude told him that he was amazing. :lol:
:lol:

actually that guy said that he considered Nolan to be the greatest director of all time and that's cool
He still looked like he had no idea what to say to the guy.

I mean, what DO you say to that? :oops: I already made a fool of myself when meeting Gaiman and Selick at the aforementioned screening, I'm terrible at that stuff. :lol:

Anita18 wrote: I mean, what DO you say to that? :oops: I already made a fool of myself when meeting Gaiman and Selick at the aforementioned screening, I'm terrible at that stuff. :lol:
Thank you? ;)

Nolan did go to that Chicago con though, where they screened the first TDK footage. If it looks like they are going to do the same thing next year, I'm determined I'm going. I'd give my right arm to see Nolan in person, I don't care if he's a bit dull. :lol: