anyone kinda wish Nolan was not doing Batman 3?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
theweatherman wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote: I haven't watched Inception, but I do hoped Nolan wasn't doing a third Bat movie. It's pretty much Bat-fatigue for me. After seeing two Nolan Bat flicks, I think a third brings nothing new to the table and I think material-wise, there's very few things to touch on except for wrapping the entire story. I'll let Nolan prove me wrong, but I think he may have nothing more to say with a third one.
I personally think that wrapping up the story could be the most profound thing he does with the series.
Wrapping up is really the only thing he can do, and that ultimately brings about very limited ideas, IN MY OPINION. While we're all ultimately going to look forward to it, I'm keeping my reservations on watching it till I see the trailer.

niniendowarrior wrote:
theweatherman wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote: I haven't watched Inception, but I do hoped Nolan wasn't doing a third Bat movie. It's pretty much Bat-fatigue for me. After seeing two Nolan Bat flicks, I think a third brings nothing new to the table and I think material-wise, there's very few things to touch on except for wrapping the entire story. I'll let Nolan prove me wrong, but I think he may have nothing more to say with a third one.
I personally think that wrapping up the story could be the most profound thing he does with the series.
Wrapping up is really the only thing he can do, and that ultimately brings about very limited ideas, IN MY OPINION. While we're all ultimately going to look forward to it, I'm keeping my reservations on watching it till I see the trailer.
I just feel that the whole series has been building up to what is to come. Nolan can use the themes from the first two films and amplify them, distort them, and add to them before he finally finishes the film. I think there is so much more that can be discovered about this world.

theweatherman wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote: Wrapping up is really the only thing he can do, and that ultimately brings about very limited ideas, IN MY OPINION. While we're all ultimately going to look forward to it, I'm keeping my reservations on watching it till I see the trailer.
I just feel that the whole series has been building up to what is to come. Nolan can use the themes from the first two films and amplify them, distort them, and add to them before he finally finishes the film. I think there is so much more that can be discovered about this world.
We'll agree to disagree about B3, but I will however say that if there's anyone who can make a good movie out of such a difficult position from an idea stand point, it's gotta be Chris.

niniendowarrior wrote:
theweatherman wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote: Wrapping up is really the only thing he can do, and that ultimately brings about very limited ideas, IN MY OPINION. While we're all ultimately going to look forward to it, I'm keeping my reservations on watching it till I see the trailer.
We'll agree to disagree about B3, but I will however say that if there's anyone who can make a good movie out of such a difficult position from an idea stand point, it's gotta be Chris.
That we can all agree about.

Chris has exceed all doubts thrown at him, and its great to see that he receiving the praise he deserves- especially from big name actors like Leo. Inception, I thought was excellent, and seeing Memento for the first time really opened my eyes to how wonderful Chris really is with writing and directing films. Batman Begins was the first of Nolan's films that I started to really recognize the name Chris Nolan...glad I looked into more of his movies! Keep up the great work! :clap: :clap:

niniendowarrior wrote:
chee wrote:I prefer TDK and Memento over Inception, so I don't agree with you there.

And I also don't agree with the title. I'm sure he'll do a good job.
Aww... Inception just ain't good enough, huh? All those months on anticipation and the movie not performing must be gut wrenching. :(
Could be worse. It could have been The Phantom Menace. :lol:

Im still excited to see him take batman deeper into the character but i know what you mean....dark knight has nothing on inception, so im not really itching to see a B3 as i was before.

Anita18 wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:
chee wrote:I prefer TDK and Memento over Inception, so I don't agree with you there.

And I also don't agree with the title. I'm sure he'll do a good job.
Aww... Inception just ain't good enough, huh? All those months on anticipation and the movie not performing must be gut wrenching. :(
Could be worse. It could have been The Phantom Menace. :lol:
Yea, totally. I am so glad I wasn't there for the hype of that movie. :lol:

I wouldn't want anyone else to finish the story, they will screw up what Nolan wanted in the Batman franchise.

Personally, I need Nolan's final Batman film. The knuckleheads over at Fox killed Singer's X-Men Trilogy. Sony killed Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy with that last film. Oddly enough, Snipes and Goyer screwed up the Blade Trilogy. With Iron Man 2, Marvel rushed that film and now it's kind of killed whatever momentum Marvel had. We've had some close class to ending trilogies the right way in the comic book genre. I want Nolan to be the one to do it right. He has to do it.

But, for me, Batman 3 is doomed because it just won't be looked upon as being better than The Dark Knight and now that beast monster called Inception. I'm almost positive that Batman 3 will be an excellent film...but there's just no damn way Nolan could pull off three freaking masterpieces in a row. IT'S JUST IMPOSSIBLE.

All I ask is that he finish the trilogy off the right way, both in narrative, in character arc, and in drama. That's all. I don't want to doubt the man. I really don't. I didn't think he could outdo the masterpiece of the comic book genre with Inception. He clearly did. But, Inception is just a whole other animal. I just can't conceive of him doing something greater than Inception two years from now.

You can call me a cynic. I love Batman. I want to see the final piece of Nolan's Batman puzzle. But, I'm fearful that it'll never get the recognition it might deserve because it followed The Dark Knight and Inception.