Batman Comics!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
cool man! thanks for all the replies!
Year one was good.Very Batman Begins. The device he has underneath his boot which he pulls out to attract bats in batman begins was taken directly out of year one.

Gordon looks so much like Gary Oldmans depiction also. :)

Picked up the killing joke at midtown comics nyc when i was down there! (I live in Stratford-Upon-Avon) :)

liked hush, that was good. Anyone know what comics blackmask appears in? id like to puchase them:) or even the best riddler stories?

you know whats the best part about a new Batman film coming to theatres? all the local book stores put the Batman comic books front and center :D

hha yea! :D

Grant Morrison single handedly ruined one of my favorite things in life: Batman comics. Some people love it, I'm one of the ones that hates it. I was still buying them and giving him a chance until the whole haha Batman's dead not really thing. I don't like Arkham Asylum either, everyone else seems too but when I read it I was very unimpressed. The only thing I've liked by Morrison is his JLA work. He seems to actually tell stories in those and ties all the characters together well. Dude just needs to stay away from Batman, and Dan Dido needs to get fired.

It started with a mini-series 6 then obtained a full and died at the same time, like a cartoon, but the comic was leached to the cartoon, which was not that great, but still very good, starting up new mini-series would probably six numbers and if it is surely not like we get 24 (like last time) and if it goes well, we might consider a full blown revival BB.

clearly the best days of the Dark Knight in comics is over as evidenced by the current state of affairs, it's all a cluster f nowadays

These are things that ACTUALLY are happening or happened within the last year

- Bruce Wayne kills Darkseid who also shot his omega ray at Batman thus "killing" him but not really he's just trapped in the past and Dick abandons his Nightwing identity to become the new Batman and makes Damien Wayne (10 freakin years old btw) the new Robin who takes over for Tim Drake who becomes Red Robin who is on a quest of his own to find the real Batman.
- Bruce travels through time from the stone age to the present meeting famous characters who've only been referenced to in the comics (i.e Anthro, Blackbeard, Jonah Hex, various Wayne family members)
- Batman will return next month and then....
- Batman franchises his persona throughout the world?? DC smoking too much in the sense of Kevin Smith.
- Bruce Wayne AND Dick Grayson will both be Batman

ugh... on another note, the best Batman stories imo are the following in no particular order
New Earth (canonical stories)
- The Long Halloween - The Killing Joke - Dark Victory - Year One - The Man who Falls
- No Man's Land - Hush - Under the Hood

Earth elsewhere
- The Dark Knight Returns - Mad Love - Arkham Asylum - Batman and the Mad Monk - Gotham by Gaslight
- Holy Terror - The Man who Laughs - Child of Dreams

On the other end of the Spectrum, the WORST Batman stories
- All Star Batman and Robin - The Widening Gyre/Cacophony - Batman and Son

The whole Batman franchising his identity really pisses me off. Not to mention his new costume looks rediculous.

CroissantRoll wrote:The whole Batman franchising his identity really pisses me off. Not to mention his new costume looks rediculous.
I know! I was always fine with Bruce being the lone Batman, sure Dick can fill in until Bruce comes back, and in the future Terry McGinnis takes over like he is doing right now in the brand new Batman Beyond titles(which is a fantastic read btw)
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2281235.html

But back to the franchising crap... I honestly fear that there will be a Russian Batman, a Swedish Batman, Australian Batman, etc

... I thought DC would have been in better hands with the new management of Geoff Johns and Diane Nelson.. but looks like they're trying to make the new generation of readers forget who Bruce Wayne ever was :cry:

It is really upsetting. Reading Batman comics have gotten me through a couple hard times in my life, and I always enjoyed going to the comic book store and spending way too much money for comics. Now it's just gotten so rediculous I can't stand it. Every now and then I will buy a copy hoping it gets better, but it doesn't. And everywhere I look people are praising this back-asswards story telling. I don't get it.

CroissantRoll wrote:It is really upsetting. Reading Batman comics have gotten me through a couple hard times in my life, and I always enjoyed going to the comic book store and spending way too much money for comics. Now it's just gotten so rediculous I can't stand it. Every now and then I will buy a copy hoping it gets better, but it doesn't. And everywhere I look people are praising this back-asswards story telling. I don't get it.

couldnt have put that any better myself! ;)