Academic Article about TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
hey guys,

i recently got an academic article about the dark knight rises accepted at a major journal, specifically michigan state university press's journal of popular culture: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/ ... )1540-5931

my article takes issue with the prevailing academic argument that the film should be understood as a conservative allegory. the same argument was advanced a lot in the popular reviews, including the new yorker, salon, and the new york times. i argue (as will probably not surprise anyone here) that this interpretation sells the film and nolan short. that it's actually a complex, symbolically-rich, and sometimes ironic psychodrama that can't be interpreted as a straightforward political statement.

i think the article's quite good--i did a ton of research and watched TDKR dozens of times--and also much better written than your average academic piece (i write for a living). if people are interested in reading, i'll find a way to share my draft, but otherwise, watch the journal of popular culture in 2015.

DrModern wrote:hey guys,

i recently got an academic article about the dark knight rises accepted at a major journal, specifically michigan state university press's journal of popular culture: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/ ... )1540-5931

my article takes issue with the prevailing academic argument that the film should be understood as a conservative allegory. the same argument was advanced a lot in the popular reviews, including the new yorker, salon, and the new york times. i argue (as will probably not surprise anyone here) that this interpretation sells the film and nolan short. that it's actually a complex, symbolically-rich, and sometimes ironic psychodrama that can't be interpreted as a straightforward political statement.

i think the article's quite good—i did a ton of research and watched TDKR dozens of times—and also much better written than your average academic piece (i write for a living). if people are interested in reading, i'll find a way to share my draft, but otherwise, watch the journal of popular culture in 2015.
Share it when you can.

Congrats to you! :twothumbsup:

DrModern wrote:hey guys,

i think the article's quite good--i did a ton of research and watched TDKR dozens of times--and also much better written than your average academic piece (i write for a living). if people are interested in reading, i'll find a way to share my draft, but otherwise, watch the journal of popular culture in 2015.
PM me a draft, I'd love to read it.

-Vader

That sounds very interesting, please share it.

i'm a forum newb, is there a way to attach something to a post or pm? i can pm people the text, but it will be a book-length pm and not have my sweet formatting. if that's not possible, i'll find a way to host it on my personal site.

DrModern wrote:i'm a forum newb, is there a way to attach something to a post or pm? i can pm people the text, but it will be a book-length pm and not have my sweet formatting. if that's not possible, i'll find a way to host it on my personal site.
How about good old fashioned email?

[email protected]

I would really appreciate it.

Peace wrote:
DrModern wrote:i'm a forum newb, is there a way to attach something to a post or pm? i can pm people the text, but it will be a book-length pm and not have my sweet formatting. if that's not possible, i'll find a way to host it on my personal site.
How about good old fashioned email?

[email protected]

I would really appreciate it.
sent. anyone else who'd like to get the article this way can feel free to pm or post their email.