TDK Trilogy Is The Best Portrayal of Batman (Comic Writers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Screen rant article on the various writers of the Batman comics, who view Chris' trilogy as a perfect portrayal of the universe
‘Batman’ Comic Writers Agree: Christopher Nolan ‘Got It Right’

As the years go by, it’s becoming more and more certain that no matter how flawed or divisive a version of Batman may be released, the character is strong enough to endure. That fact was shown in person at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 where some of the most beloved “Batman” writers were on hand to celebrate thee Dark Knight’s 75th Anniversary. Among the questions fielded by the prestigious panel was one asking which, if any, film or director had captured the character as they would hope. And surprisingly, several agreed that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale delivered the best version yet.
http://screenrant.com/best-batman-movie ... k-writers/

It's the least surprising thing if anything. I often marvel at the view some people have that the three films are unfaithful and inferior to the Animated Series. The core concepts of Batman and the other characters are present, and matted with rich writing and top-level plotting.

Yet the usual uneducated people will bitch, moan and complain, not because of their own valid opinions, but because they refuse to believe Chris revolutionised Batman with his team, and blockbusters full stop.

It must pain that small minority of contraries to recognise cinematic genius :roll:

^ Correct. :D

ratedR wrote:Screen rant article on the various writers of the Batman comics, who view Chris' trilogy as a perfect portrayal of the universe
‘Batman’ Comic Writers Agree: Christopher Nolan ‘Got It Right’

As the years go by, it’s becoming more and more certain that no matter how flawed or divisive a version of Batman may be released, the character is strong enough to endure. That fact was shown in person at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 where some of the most beloved “Batman” writers were on hand to celebrate thee Dark Knight’s 75th Anniversary. Among the questions fielded by the prestigious panel was one asking which, if any, film or director had captured the character as they would hope. And surprisingly, several agreed that Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale delivered the best version yet.
http://screenrant.com/best-batman-movie ... k-writers/

It's the least surprising thing if anything. I often marvel at the view some people have that the three films are unfaithful and inferior to the Animated Series. The core concepts of Batman and the other characters are present, and matted with rich writing and top-level plotting.

Yet the usual uneducated people will bitch, moan and complain, not because of their own valid opinions, but because they refuse to believe Chris revolutionised Batman with his team, and blockbusters full stop.

It must pain that small minority of contraries to recognise cinematic genius :roll:
Why? The Animated Series Batman is the closest thing to the comics that's been made. I prefer TDK Trilogy, but there's no shame in having that opinion. :|

Bacon wrote: Why? The Animated Series Batman is the closest thing to the comics that's been made. I prefer TDK Trilogy, but there's no shame in having that opinion. :|
The faithfulness to the comics of TAS, I'll cut you some slack on. The elevation of the material to classy and beautiful cinematic splendor is something the series obviously can't compete on though. But people shouldn't, under any circumstances, argue that Chris, Jonah and Goyer lost anything that made Batman or his universe iconic and unique from page to screen.

ratedR wrote:
Bacon wrote: Why? The Animated Series Batman is the closest thing to the comics that's been made. I prefer TDK Trilogy, but there's no shame in having that opinion. :|
The faithfulness to the comics of TAS, I'll cut you some slack on. The elevation of the material to classy and beautiful cinematic splendor is something the series obviously can't compete on though. But people shouldn't, under any circumstances, argue that Chris, Jonah and Goyer lost anything that made Batman or his universe iconic and unique from page to screen.
There's the old "not enough detective work" stuff, that is true in my opinion in TDK Trilogy. There's some here and there (mainly in TDK), but there could definitely be more. And TAS isn't trying to elevate it to "classy and beautiful cinematic splendor", it's trying to make original stories of Batman in a new medium. I still stand by the point that if you think TAS is better than TDK Trilogy as a Batman adaptation, that's fine. As long as you acknowledge that TDK Trilogy is the best live-action Batman or Batman film series adaptation.

Bacon wrote: There's the old "not enough detective work" stuff, that is true in my opinion in TDK Trilogy. There's some here and there (mainly in TDK), but there could definitely be more. And TAS isn't trying to elevate it to "classy and beautiful cinematic splendor", it's trying to make original stories of Batman in a new medium. I still stand by the point that if you think TAS is better than TDK Trilogy as a Batman adaptation, that's fine. As long as you acknowledge that TDK Trilogy is the best live-action Batman or Batman film series adaptation.
It's just that TAS does feel quite bity, as in it tells stories that last the standard 25 minutes, each unique, with no real running storyline from episode to episode bar the "Parts #1 and #2" ones. As a collection it's a fantastic catalogue of chequered tales. Imo, I'll prefer the 7.5 hour saga of the trilogy - I just feel really strongly that no other depiction of Batman has the quality as it does. Opinions differ, but Chris' flicks are really close to my heart

Like I said, I still think TDK Trilogy is better, but I don't think there's a reason to "marvel" at those who think otherwise.

K then.

I also really like Burton's first Batman and I think Keaton is a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. I can see how someone would like him more than Bale, but I'd strongly disagree with them. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with people liking TAS more.

Also, I consider Adam West in a completely different category.

(My fav Batmans: Bale, Conroy, West, Keaton)

Even though it's hard to embody Batman without a physical appearance, Convoy deserves major props for being the best voice of Batman. Bale has the best socialite Wayne & real Wayne portrayal, but it's still nice to lean into the shyness and insecurity Keaton brings.