Anybody else in the same boat

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The more I see this film, the more I'm impressed with it. Out of all of Nolan's films, this one took the longest for me to really, really, really like. My brother is in the same boat also, he thought the film was alright but now that this is on the premium channels he always comments on how much more he really likes the film now.

Anybody else like the film the first couple of viewings but love it now?

No. it became worse for me. :(

I enjoyed it more after the first few viewings, yes. I haven't seen it in completion for 10 months or so, so I'll have to revisit it. I often watch select scenes from it, and yes, I like them more than I did initially.

Yeah, I definitely loved the film more after a while. It has continued to grow on me with time, and I began to enjoy elements of it that I was initially unsure about.

I loved it the first time and have continued to love it at each subsequent viewing. :thumbup:

Monicabbm wrote:No. it became worse for me. :(

Me too. I gave it a 6/10 on first viewing but increased it to a 9 after subsequent viewings.
TDK has always been a 10 for me but I downgraded it two weeks back to a 9 because I realized how
bland Bale's performance was.
TDKR could have been a perfect 10 if not for Talia's death scene, Bane's crying scene and a few missteps
in Bane's speech such as "of course".

I appreciated this movie more because it made me confident of how good a director Nolan is.
This might be one of his best directed movie and if the script had been a little better, this movie would
have blown TDK out of the park.

Yup, underwhelmed 1st time, appreciated it 2nd time, loved it 3rd time around. ;)

Having seen it 7 times its astonishing how the ending always gets me, no matter I know Bruce lived but seeing Batman's statue revealed, Gordon's monologue, announcement of Bruce's will and Alfred at the grave always get me. :cry:

I think it's my favorite DK film, maybe Nolan film also. Even though it's flawed, I connected with Bruce and the themes / story more than the other films. It was the most emotional and exciting in the trilogy, imo. Lastly I just love the epic scale and the classical approach to filmaking. It's just a lot of fun to watch.

When I first saw it I couldn't grasp everything. So I had to watch it a few more times and the more I watched it the more things fell into place. I've heard a few complaints here and there but overall I really liked it:-) I think one of the reasons a lot of people may have had issues with it was because of the complexity of the movie. It had a lot of things to try to wrap up with it being the last movie compared to the other two:-)