TDKR has completely spoiled me

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Has watching TDKR "spoiled" you (read OP)?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 19

I really feel like after watching TDKR a bajillion times already, I've been spoiled by it so much that I always feel a tiny bit disappointed when I watch any film in the theater. One of the things I loved about Mr. Nolan's work (especially on TDKR) is how he makes a larger than life, epic, "big movie" experience. Now I'm actually just compulsively craving that same experience every time I go to the theater.

It's fucking frustrating too. :x :x I just can't enjoy a film 100% now without comparing it to TDKR. That's not to say I don't enjoy it at all, I maybe enjoy it like 95%, but a small part of me goes back to that night last July. Now every film I see in the theater just seems so small in terms of scope.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Queen Bitch

layla wrote:I really feel like after watching TDKR a bajillion times already, I've been spoiled by it so much that I always feel a tiny bit disappointed when I watch any film in the theater. One of the things I loved about Mr. Nolan's work (especially on TDKR) is how he makes a larger than life, epic, "big movie" experience. Now I'm actually just compulsively craving that same experience every time I go to the theater.

It's fucking frustrating too. :x :x I just can't enjoy a film 100% now without comparing it to TDKR. That's not to say I don't enjoy it at all, I maybe enjoy it like 95%, but a small part of me goes back to that night last July. Now every film I see in the theater just seems so small in terms of scope.

You aren't the only one. :twothumbsup:

layla wrote:I really feel like after watching TDKR a bajillion times already, I've been spoiled by it so much that I always feel a tiny bit disappointed when I watch any film in the theater. One of the things I loved about Mr. Nolan's work (especially on TDKR) is how he makes a larger than life, epic, "big movie" experience. Now I'm actually just compulsively craving that same experience every time I go to the theater.

It's a normal thing for someone who is expecting something that stays in a memory for longer.

What you need is to erase TDKR from your memory. That way you can enjoy films 100% or even better watch TDKR as if it was the first time and have your mind blown all over again. what you need is Lacuna

Definitely. I find myself wishing it was 2012 again. I don't go to movies a ton (because so many of them are crap), so when I do go to the ones I anticipate, I'm always hoping for a great experience. Of course, most fall short. TDKR totally exceeded my expectations in so many ways and made me appreciate BB and TDK even more. The movie this year that I'm looking forward to the most is Man of Steel because of Nolan (I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder).

layla is probably the biggest fangirl on here right now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Layla for the win! :clap:

For me, it's more to do with the fact that nothing has been as big as well as emotionally investing. The Dark Knight Rises was a modern epic (in the actual sense of the word), with a huge character arc taking center stage.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

d4mi4n wrote:Layla for the win! :clap:
+1
Just a fan...

BlairCo wrote:layla is probably the biggest fangirl on here right now :lol: :lol: :lol:
d4mi4n wrote:Layla for the win! :clap:
:lol: I can't help it!

darthnazgul wrote:For me, it's more to do with the fact that nothing has been as big as well as emotionally investing. The Dark Knight Rises was a modern epic (in the actual sense of the word), with a huge character arc taking center stage.
Totally agree! I just crave that experience again and again.
Queen Bitch