No Joker for Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
bruce_angier wrote:but Nolan has earlier said that he wanted to show Joker's trial in 3rd film.So IMHO, they should finish what they started.Heath's joker was the best no doubt.But we all know initial reactions,like 'that gay cowboy?he won't come anywhere near Jack Nicholson's Joker.'
I wouldn't mind JGL as Joker. :JGLface:

http://agrandearte.files.wordpress.com/ ... levitt.jpg
When did he say this?

chee wrote:
bruce_angier wrote:but Nolan has earlier said that he wanted to show Joker's trial in 3rd film.So IMHO, they should finish what they started.Heath's joker was the best no doubt.But we all know initial reactions,like 'that gay cowboy?he won't come anywhere near Jack Nicholson's Joker.'
I wouldn't mind JGL as Joker. :JGLface:

http://agrandearte.files.wordpress.com/ ... levitt.jpg
When did he say this?
If I remember correctly, Nolan didn't say that. Instead I think it was David Goyer, but that particular interview was said to mention that Joker's involvement in the third movie (trial included) would bring about Two Face, which as we all know by the end of TDK just isn't going to pan out like that with Harvey Dent dying already.

So, I don't think people should give credence to any 'original' plans.

My bad.
I just checked wikipedia and realized I have made a terrible mistake. :oops: :oops:
It's David Goyer and not Christopher Nolan.
However, TDK's climax remains as a cliffhanger.Two-Face's and Joker's fate uncertain(Do you honestly think Joker will not attempt to break out of jail?),Batman an outlaw.I hope they will complete the story.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:My bad.
I just checked wikipedia and realized I have made a terrible mistake. :oops: :oops:
However, TDK's climax remains as a cliffhanger.Two-Face's and Joker's fate uncertain(Do you honestly think Joker will not attempt to break out of jail?),Batman an outlaw.I hope they will complete the story.

theres no end to the story...its like the joker says...me and you are bound to do this forever....so even if the joker was in the third movie, it still would be incomplete

Two Face is dead.

talli wrote:

theres no end to the story...its like the joker says...me and you are bound to do this forever....so even if the joker was in the third movie, it still would be incomplete
That Joker line was written to perfection, but I think that Joker's purpose is complete in the sense that bringing him back only introduces redundancy. What other agenda could he push that he didn't in TDK? Personally, if there aren't any, he's better left out of the third film. Joker was written as a static character and I just don't see any character development that is possible to him without devaluing the strongly written characterization that was established in TDK.
chee wrote:
Two Face is dead.
Agreed. Two Face is dead. I treat it that whatever open angles on Harvey Dent that are left for a third movie, they certainly don't need Harvey alive either. Harvey surviving also ruins the ending of TDK. Plus, the script specifically said that Harvey was dead. Let's put that item to rest, shall we?