Batman 3 out in 2012?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
From Batman-on-Film with a little bit of information on Inception's shooting schedule:
Based on conversations with industry insiders as well as the apparent schedule for INCEPTION (preproduction, shooting, and postproduction), it’s starting to look like BATMAN 3 is going to end up being a Summer 2012 release.

Firstly, let’s take a quick look at a little Nolan history.

We know now that the script for THE DARK KNIGHT was finished before the end of 2005 -- about a half a year after BATMAN BEGINS was in theaters. Nolan worked on THE PRESTIGE during the latter part of 2005 on into 2006, with the film ultimately being released in October 2006. In July of 2006 while the director was still working on THE PRESTIGE, Warner Bros. officially announced that Chris would helm TDK, it would be released in the Summer of 2008, and that Heath Ledger had been cast as The Joker. Once THE PRESTIGE hit theaters in Fall of ‘06, there was then a six month gap before filming began on TDK.

Right now, INCEPTION is in preproduction. From what I’ve heard through the grapevine, filming will take place from mid-2009 and finish late in the year. Nolan and co. will most likely be involved with post for most of the first half of 2010, readying the film for it’s mid-July release.

It looks as if there will be no way that BATMAN 3 can go through pre, filming, and post during the second half of 2010 and the first part of 2011 and be ready for a Summer ‘11 release.

Doing the math, the timeframe between THE DARK KNIGHT to INCEPTION is nine months later than it was between BATMAN BEGINS to THE PRESTIGE -- that’s nearly a year folks. Thus it appears that BATMAN 3 will come four years after TDK.

I know a four year gap is a bummer, but cheer up -- at least we know a Nolan-directed BATMAN 3 is coming!

(And that’s more than we could say back in ‘97 after BATMAN AND ROBIN.)
http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_ ... -6-09.html

Thought this might have been the case.

It's like a sacrifice: we, the audience, had a choice that we could see a new non-Batman Nolan-movie in 2010. But that means that the third Batman-movie won't come out until 2012. We made the sacrifice, we burned Batman 3 on a stake in order to see a new Nolan-film 1 year from now. I hope that the gods will give us plenty of good in 2012 after this sacrifice :D (maybe we can hope that there won't be any apocalypse in 2012).
Last edited by DHOPW42 on March 9th, 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absence only makes the heart grow fonder ;)

TeddyBlass wrote:Absence only makes the heart grow fonder ;)
... and the brain sicker :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:Absence only makes the heart grow fonder ;)
... and the brain sicker :D
Miracles can happen. Some one please build time machine!!!!!!!

DHOPW42 wrote:It's like a sacrifice: we, the audience, had a choice that we could see a new non-Batman Nolan-movie in 2010. But that means that the third Batman-movie won't come out until 2012. We made the sacrifice, we burned Batman 3 on a stake in order to see a new Nolan-film 1 year from now. I hope that the gods will give us plenty of good in 2012 after this sacrifice :D (maybe we can hope that there won't be any apocalypse in 2012).
oh.. I've really forgotten that, dude. Mr. Nolan, better be quick. I'd like to see another Batman movie before being doomed. o_o

I've read at a Hungarian news site that Nolan is out of the project, because the filmstudio wants him to make the 3rd movie with the Joker, but Nolan doesn't want to do that. There was an argument between the director and the Warner filmstudio, and in the end Nolan stepped out of the project.

Could that be true?

Yeah, I know that, but I'm so nervous... the problem is that I'm not sure either about the 3rd movie. I think it's likely that it won't be directed by Nolan :(

All right, maybe we should concentrate on Inception.

But if he´s done with Batman? We will have to relax and pray for another respected director...

I have two doubts: Nolan will leave his Batman as a "criminal" to the movie world audience? Or he is really done with the EPIC and POWERFUL epilogue of TDK?

Let´s wait...