Why are there shadows going across batman in his last scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Vader182 wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote:There's one big problem with this theory, though: to fly the bomb out over the water and have the explosion seen by everyone, Bruce would have purposely had to have waited until seconds before it went off (which ended up happening), but to wait until the last possible second on purpose is way too risky and I find it hard to believe that he would play things that close to the chest with a nuclear bomb. I'm also having a really hard time believing that his train of thought from the get-go was "I wanna fake my death, so I'm gonna lie and play Fox and Selina for fools by not telling my true plan of what to do with a friggin nuclear bomb." I'm sorry but I highly doubt that he would give his closest allies an incorrect plan of action regarding what to do with a goddamn nuke that was threatening to level the city.

Additionally, who says that what he said to Fox ("works fine, even without the autopilot; thanks") was a strategic lie? One could just as easily take it as just a sarcastic diss/quip to criticize Fox for not having fixed it himself. It wasn't necessarily a pre-planned lie to help him fake his death.
That's a projection that blatantly rejects evidence given in the film. We have no idea how he did or didn't escape, you can't make assumptions on the function of that without knowing.

-Vader
What? I never said anything about how he did or didn't escape. Anyway my point in my first paragraph still stands. To assume that Bruce always planned on flying it away means to assume that he was always purposely waiting for the clock to tick down (as in, he wasn't gonna send it out on autopilot with five hours left), and for him to purposely wait until the very last second is a very dubious tactic.

Assuming he randomly pretended to lie about the autopilot as a joke to Fox, which doesn't make sense lol, he still lied to Gordon/Selina. So he right then decided to fake his death? Like, last minute? "Whoa good idea!" So the resolution to Bruce Wayne's three film character arc came not out of a self-revelation that ties into a series of poignant and significant scenes with Alfred earlier in the film, but a fickle thought of what to do?

Okay. You go with that then, maaaaaang

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Assuming he randomly pretended to lie about the autopilot as a joke to Fox, which doesn't make sense lol, he still lied to Gordon/Selina. So he right then decided to fake his death? Like, last minute? "Whoa good idea!" So the resolution to Bruce Wayne's three film character arc came not out of a self-revelation that ties into a series of poignant and significant scenes with Alfred earlier in the film, but a fickle thought of what to do?

Okay. You go with that then, maaaaaang

-Vader
You totally avoided my point and instead decided to poke fun at me. Answer this question ---> If he planned to fly it away all along, he obviously had to have waited until the last second in order to do a big heroic sacrifice, because if he had the bomb fly away with several hours left then no one would have seen it and/or people would have questioned why Batman chose to fly it that far with that much time left, right?

I already noted I'm not sure why he waited until the last second. It was probably done for dramatic/tension based reasons.

-Vader

That's the expression he makes minutes before the explosion in the buildings:

After the explosion, he seems calm, but note that he's far from buildings, he couldn't have jumped in the explosion:

no buildings near him:

Here he seems to be near the beach, as if he had done a curve close to the beach, and the bat doesn't seem to be of a height too high as in previous images. it's like he down. Another thing, apparently there are trees near that location. What could explain the shadows:

Perhaps it was there that he jumped? The whole time the scene is cut to show Blake, but we don't know if the bat is too far from the point of view of John. And I think that is far from him.

After the beach scene, he cuts to john and then shows Batman looking for something on The Bat. This occurred while he was still on the beach? He is looking for the autopilot?

So, then we see this:

I think he jumped near the beach, would make more sense than jumping in the middle of water. The chances of him surviving is higher.

the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YH7yAwGVM
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

I like that. I mean, Nolan playing with time and images we're shown is no new thing.

-Vader

so what im gathering through most posters is that nolan did indeed manipulate time, but really every possible angle and shot is really out of whack. i mean as soon as we think we got it figured out...BAM! someone shows us why it isnt possible. lets just face the facts there will never be a conclusive answer to how he did it. and it irks me because imho its fun to try and dissect a movie but a 4 ton nuke is a tough thing to dispose of. and i know its just a movie but its nolan for crying out loud. and even though bruce lives to most people this editing really did confuse a lot of people who think its open ended on bruces end and not a clear cut ending that i thought nolan preached before the movie.

and cheers to monicabblm for that post :goNF:

Monicabbm wrote:After the beach scene, he cuts to john and then shows Batman looking for something on The Bat. This occurred while he was still on the beach? He is looking for the autopilot?Image
I don't think he was "looking for something on the Bat" or that he was looking for the autopilot. This still shot does make it look like he was looking down (for a button or a switch), but after watching this part again and again in 1080p, it's clear that he was looking up from right to left, and not down at a switch. Also, the autopilot controls would not be way off to the right; they would be in front of the pilot.
I think he jumped near the beach, would make more sense than jumping in the middle of water. The chances of him surviving is higher.
But people would have seen it if he ejected at the beach - there was an entire bus of orphans plus Blake watching him already, and the Bat was not too far away at that point because even after it flew way out over the water, Blake could still see it. And of course there's no way he ejected out over the water as he would have died from being too close to the explosion.

There are some moments where you take a step back and say "it's just a movie." Nolan isn't infallible, and if you look hard enough at anything, you'll find inconsistencies. Movies are practically built on semi-illogical and coincidental things happening. If they weren't, they'd be boring to watch.

Remember all those times Batman just 'vanished' out of thin air. How did he do that? How about that time he suddenly popped up into the bank vault that Gordon was investigating in the Dark Knight? How the hell did he do that?

He's Batman. There's a certain mythical aspect about him that we just come to accept.