Anybody else sad that this series is over?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I was listening to this track from the score; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... nlRS8ABj3I
and it made me kind of sad that this trilogy's over. I really enjoyed these movies because of how sincere they were and how, even though they were blockbusters, they really felt like the people behind them were passionate about the story they were telling, and that they cared about the characters. That's really rare, in cynical Hollywood--and, knowing that this story's going to be retold again in a few years, with a reboot, makes me admire the earnesty in these flicks even more.

They've got their faults (what doesn't?), but they're really powerful films about family and about overcoming pain. They've got amazing scores, and a cast that I think is pretty much irreplaceable (especially Oldman as Gordon).

It's nerdy as hell to say you'll miss a movie series (they're on my dvd shelf, for fuck's sake), but I'll miss the crew behind these flicks a lot. There was something...different about the way these movies were made. It took a ridiculous concept like Batman and made me care about it. I think that's cool.

I'm very sad that this series is over. I doubt we will ever see Batman movies as good as the Nolan trilogy, and we certainly won't see a Joker as good as Ledger or a Dent as good as Eckhart.

I'm not sad, I'm hoping Nolan remakes TDKR in 10 years to fix all the massive problems I had with it.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I'm not sad, I'm hoping Nolan remakes TDKR in 10 years to fix all the massive problems I had with it.
:lol:

On one hand I'm sad that I won't get to see any more Nolan-Batman films. But on the other hand.... Nolan will still continue to make other spectacular movies. 8-)

MiracleSleeper wrote:On one hand I'm sad that I won't get to see any more Nolan-Batman films. But on the other hand.... Nolan will still continue to make other spectacular movies. 8-)
Exactly. :clap:

nolangoatdirector wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote:On one hand I'm sad that I won't get to see any more Nolan-Batman films. But on the other hand.... Nolan will still continue to make other spectacular movies. 8-)
Exactly. :clap:
I vibe this. Plus, I think the series is just as it should be, and I feel grateful that we have it.

Nope. This hack didn't even make his own Gotham City.

Burton Batman > Nolan Batman

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Nope. This hack didn't even make his own Gotham City.

Burton Batman > Nolan Batman
:|

Nope. I'm glad it got a proper treatment than being dragged out. Now we wait for Interstellar
Sigs???