Why did Ra's and his wife marry in secret?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
So, why exactly do you think Ra's and his wife got married in secret? And do you think Ra's was exiled by the warlord because he didn't ask for his daughter's hand in marriage or he did want the 2 of them to be married?

NolanFan94 wrote:So, why exactly do you think Ra's and his wife got married in secret? And do you think Ra's was exiled by the warlord because he didn't ask for his daughter's hand in marriage or he did want the 2 of them to be married?
NolanFan94 wrote:because he didn't ask for his daughter's hand in marriage or he didn't want the 2 of them to be married
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

NolanFan94 wrote:So, why exactly do you think Ra's and his wife got married in secret? And do you think Ra's was exiled by the warlord because he didn't ask for his daughter's hand in marriage or he did want the 2 of them to be married?
Yeah I think you pretty much answered your own question. My question is, who made the decision to sentence Ra's wife to the pit in place of Ra's? Did the warlord really choose to do that to his own daughter?

nolangoatdirector wrote:Yeah I think you pretty much answered your own question. My question is, who made the decision to sentence Ra's wife to the pit in place of Ra's? Did the warlord really choose to do that to his own daughter?
Yes. Should have killed her instead. Then Bats wouldn't have got in the mess of the slow knife. :twisted:
gib sigs

nolangoatdirector wrote:
Yeah I think you pretty much answered your own question. My question is, who made the decision to sentence Ra's wife to the pit in place of Ra's? Did the warlord really choose to do that to his own daughter?
The romantic in me thinks that she did; self-sacrifice for love and all that.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote: Yeah I think you pretty much answered your own question. My question is, who made the decision to sentence Ra's wife to the pit in place of Ra's? Did the warlord really choose to do that to his own daughter?
Yeah. I mean I'm sure the warlord was pissed a white man knocked up his kid. He prob shunned her ass. I think she was dead to him the moment he found out she was banging a white man.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Yeah. I mean I'm sure the warlord was pissed a white man knocked up his kid. He prob shunned her ass. I think she was dead to him the moment he found out she was banging a white man.
Particularly in a region and a time (some 30 years before TDKR) when women (female offspring) were not valued the same as men (male offspring).

Baniac wrote:
Peace wrote:
Particularly in a region and a time (some 30 years before TDKR) when women (female offspring) were not valued the same as men (male offspring).
Yep. Not really that hard to understand why. Tho I always wondered.. why the fuck was Bane down there?
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
Baniac wrote:
Yep. Not really that hard to understand why. Tho I always wondered.. why the fuck was Bane down there?
You'll just have to read my Bane fic to get the answer to that. :lol:

Obviously in TDKR we don't get the reason, only that he was born there. Alfred tells Bruce that Bane was "born and raised in hell on earth" then later Bane says to Bruce, "I was born in it [darkness]; molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man." I've never read any of the comic books, but I believe Comic-verse Bane was left to serve his father's prison sentence. I'm sure some others on here who have read the comics can tell you for sure.

Baniac wrote:I've never read any of the comic books, but I believe Comic-verse Bane was left to serve his father's prison sentence. I'm sure some others on here who have read the comics can tell you for sure.
Yep. Way I remember it was that his dad was an English mercenary who had carried out a list of crimes the length of your arm (or something) and they punished Bane for it instead.