Your Favorite Things About TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
There's been a poo load of negativity floating around about TDKR and IMO its unfair to the film. So lets brighten the mood, hmm? What are your favorite overall aspects of the film? GO

Mine:
-That plane hijack, oh my tits
-"Retired" Bruce
-Mother. Fucking. Bane. I seriously loved nearly if not everything about him. I don't know what is but he just appeals to my interests the most out of all the villains, followed closley buy the Joker.
-The "No Man's Land" aspect/Revolutionary aspect. "WE TAKE GOTHAM, FROM THE CORRUPT!" Love it.
-The Pit. Oh my gawd I loved this. The idea of it, the chant etc.
-That fucking ending, holy titttts. My favorite ending from Nolan, followed by 'Nception
-The two fight scenes b/w Bane and Batman
-Big Business-Type Cunts replacing The Mob Cunts
-The increased exploration of Bruce's character compared to TDK (no offense to TDK, y'all know I love it)
-Introduction of Blake
-Dem Bane coats :tooexcited:
-A lot more smaller touches
Sigs???

Agree with pretty much all of that; although I liked the TDK ending better.

Also loved:

The music

The use of IMAX / gorgeus cinematography

- The final battle on wall street was breathtaking

The core story of Bruce's fall / redemption;

- Most emotional and relatable of all three films, imo

GREAT thread my man braked. GREAT thread.

My favorite thing about TDKR is the touching journey of Bruce Wayne that Nolan, Bale, and Zimmer masterfully take us through. I tear up when Batman comes back after the stock exchange attack. Knowing what Bruce has been through to get there, combined with the Zimmer's strings in the background, make me happy. I also tear up when he escapes the pit and so do all of you reading this.

I LOVE when Batman comes back to "stop Bane". His vulnerable way of delivering "Where's the trigger" is such great fucking acting by Bale. I can hear the urgency of a man who has dedicated untold hours of pain to saving an ideal, with that ideal now in direct peril. And the ending of the film? My God. My limited aptitude with words can't describe the excellence therein.

Bottom line is this film makes me happy and makes me joyous. I consider it and the other two films an absolute treasure and I feel fortunate to have been privileged enough to witness them. I will deeply value these films as long as I have breath.

banepants wrote:GREAT thread my man braked. GREAT thread.

:modesty: Thought you'd like it
Sigs???

-Anne Hathaway.
-Bane plane hijack.
-Anne Hathaway.
-Bane vs Batman round 1
-"Oops. Nobody told me it was uncrackable." plus the accompanying Selina Kyle music
-Bane vs Batman round 2 - pillar punches
-Anne Hathaway.
-IMAX
-The Bat.
-Anne Hathaway.
-"We take Gotham from the CORRUUUUPTTT!!!"
-Joseph Gordon Levitt.
-Ending, especially after "we can't leave a string of pearls on the manifest as lost". The music starting with the closeup of the GPS and coordinates was just beautiful.
"-So that's what that feels like."
-Anne Hathaway.
-Police vs Mercenaries all out battle - epicness overload.
-Anne Hathaway.
-Bane's hands gripping vest walking style swagger thing.
-Bruce's final climb out of the pit + the moment the bats popped out = GREATEST FRICKING EPIC THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!
-"STOP WALKING! BLOW IT! DO IT!" + the detonation of the bridge, Blake flying backwards, people on the bridge ducking, epic music, Fox's line "You've got to get that bomb here, and you've got ten minutes" with Batman opening fire on the bomb truck = :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:
-The Bat flying out of the smoke ("No. That's Batman!") plus the epic drum beat as it flies the nuke
-Batman and Gordon "a hero can be anyone" moment
-Anne Hathaway.
-Cafe ending and drumbeat as Alfred nods at Bruce + Selina :D
-Anne Hathaway.
And pretty much everything else in this epic, amazing film. :twothumbsup: :clap: :thumbup:

nolangoatdirector wrote:-Anne Hathaway.

-Anne Hathaway.
And pretty much everything else in this epic, amazing film. :twothumbsup: :clap: :thumbup:
Here's to you brother. Cheers.

banepants wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote:-Anne Hathaway.

-Anne Hathaway.
Not Anne. :JGLface:
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
banepants wrote:
Not Anne. :JGLface:
Her double?

nolangoatdirector wrote:
RyanRises wrote: Not Anne. :JGLface:
Her double?
Yes...
Brave New World

banepants wrote:GREAT thread my man braked. GREAT thread.

My favorite thing about TDKR is the touching journey of Bruce Wayne that Nolan, Bale, and Zimmer masterfully take us through. I tear up when Batman comes back after the stock exchange attack. Knowing what Bruce has been through to get there, combined with the Zimmer's strings in the background, make me happy. I also tear up when he escapes the pit and so do all of you reading this.

I LOVE when Batman comes back to "stop Bane". His vulnerable way of delivering "Where's the trigger" is such great fucking acting by Bale. I can hear the urgency of a man who has dedicated untold hours of pain to saving an ideal, with that ideal now in direct peril. And the ending of the film? My God. My limited aptitude with words can't describe the excellence therein.

Bottom line is this film makes me happy and makes me joyous. I consider it and the other two films an absolute treasure and I feel fortunate to have been privileged enough to witness them. I will deeply value these films as long as I have breath.
THANK YOU! Finally! Someone who doesn't make fun of or criticize that part due to the voice.