Come up with a better response

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
So, we all love this movie. It is fucking amazing. Perfect. A masterpiece. For me, personally, it is now my number one favorite film. But there is one moment of this film that is... cringeworthy. Just plain cheesy.

Just as the most epic final battle is about to begin (yes, I dare you, find another movie with a last 20 minutes as amazing as this one with a final battle this good) Bane and Batman confront each other.

Bane says "So you came back to die with your city." This is not the problem. This line is fine.

But then Batman, the genius, responds with "No. I came here to stop you."

Ummm, yeah.

So now it is your job to come up with a better response than Bruce did. What do you think the Dark Knight should have said instead of that corny line??

Personally, I would have enjoyed it if he just lunged at Bane before he finished his sentence and just punched him in the face.
"So you came back to die wi- AHH!"

Thoughts?

He could have said "No, I came back to break you" but that would be a tad out of character for Bruce.

DreamPolice wrote:He could have said "No, I came back to break you" but that would be a tad out of character for Bruce.
So you would say that when Batman said "Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die", you thought that was out of character?

Regarding the question, he should have said something like "No, I came back to save it". Simple, yet effective, and just shows how much Bruce cares about Gotham.

BatMan528491 wrote: Personally, I would have enjoyed it if he just lunged at Bane before he finished his sentence and just punched him in the face.
"So you came back to die wi- AHH!"
Despite the story's comic book origins, that'd be a bit too comical lol

I would've liked to hear:

"So you came back to die with your city"
"No, I came back to die for it.

Forum Pro
Law
Bane: So you came back to die with your city?

Batman: SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT!

BlairCo wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:He could have said "No, I came back to break you" but that would be a tad out of character for Bruce.
So you would say that when Batman said "Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die", you thought that was out of character?
It'd be out of character for Nolan's Batman if he didn't use his foe's line against him lol

Begins:

Batman to Ras: "You never learned to mind your surroundings"

TDK:

"Wanna know how I got these scars?"
"No, but I know how you got these"

hotsauce32 wrote:
BlairCo wrote: So you would say that when Batman said "Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die", you thought that was out of character?
It'd be out of character for Nolan's Batman if he didn't use his foe's line against him lol

Begins:

Batman to Ras: "You never learned to mind your surroundings"

TDK:

"Wanna know how I got these scars?"
"No, but I know how you got these"
I dunno, its just that saying something like "came back to break you" kinda makes it look like he came back solely because he wanted beat Bane's fucking ass rather than saving the city.

Forum Pro
Law
Bane: So you came back to die with your city?

Batman: Maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself.

BlairCo wrote:

Regarding the question, he should have said something like "No, I came back to save it". Simple, yet effective, and just shows how much Bruce cares about Gotham.
This. And to retort the original poster...no, we all didn't think it was a perfect, flawless masterpiece. Although, most on here did of course, it is a Nolan fan forum after all, there were a small few of us who saw major flaws, mostly technical aspects such as the editing. But also the abundance of new characters that didn't have the necessary screen time to make them feel warranted and fully 3 dimensional characters. Bane, Miranda Tate, John Blake, and Catwoman, plus Bruce's storyline...just not enough time to incorporate them all.

But the whole "tell me where the trigger is...tell me where the trigger is....then you have my permission to die." I literally cringed at this line...it felt so forced and so unlike Nolan. There was actually a lot in this film that didn't feel like a Nolan film. From the ridiculous soliloquy from Miranda Tate, which allows Gordan just enough time to disarm the detonator, to Catwoman miraculously coming in at just the right time to save Batman, to the nuclear weapon about to go off and destroy all of Gotham and Batman taking the time to talk to Gordon, and Catwoman and get a kiss from her. How about show a little bit more concern considering the magnitude of the situation?

And perhaps the most lazy, unexplicable piece from the film, and please someone explain this to me in a reasonable fashion: John Blake is able to figure out who Bruce Wayne is by...just looking at his face? Really? All of those detectives over the years, including Jim Gordon, were just too dumb to figure it out apparently, but because Blake was an orphan, and had a similar background to Wayne, that that gives him the ability to piece together who Batman is?

I was hoping for