Which role/part of this movie making deserves an OSCAR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bacon wrote:Best Film/Director/Cinematography (they may nom this just to please the fans and not have a similar reaction that TDK had).
Best Sound Editing/Mixing
Best Original Score Nom
I highly doubt that any artistic-roles (Directing/acting/Photography/Music) will be nominated maybe Cinematography has a shot otherwise nothing will happen. As always, Academy people are the promising idiots.

Neizar wrote:
Bacon wrote:Best Film/Director/Cinematography (they may nom this just to please the fans and not have a similar reaction that TDK had).
Best Sound Editing/Mixing
Best Original Score Nom
I highly doubt that any artistic-roles (Directing/acting/Photography/Music) will be nominated maybe Cinematography has a shot otherwise nothing will happen. As always, Academy people are the promising idiots.
The Academy isn't just a bunch of random people from the street. It's made up of actors, directors, etc. People who actually work in the film industry, and who know far more about the different aspects of cinema than any of us. They usually get it right, and I trust that they will do the same this time around. TDKR will be nominated, as will Nolan for best director.

kthevs wrote:
Neizar wrote:
The Academy isn't just a bunch of random people from the street. It's made up of actors, directors, etc. People who actually work in the film industry, and who know far more about the different aspects of cinema than any of us. They usually get it right, and I trust that they will do the same this time around. TDKR will be nominated, as will Nolan for best director.
I understand what you're trying to say, but believe it or not it's all about business and industry. That's all what Academy Awards is really about. That's my opinion over decades.. and Uhh, I don't think just because there are bunch of schmuck in their old ages who went to film schools that means that they know a lot (and better) than any of us or anyone else.

Direction, Score, Cinematography, Editing, Hardy.

Cinematography and Costume Design if anything.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Image
He has my vote.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

It'll probably not get nominated for the big awards (directing, best film, best actor/actress). But the technical ones for sure, maybe OST as well.

Alberto wrote:Direction, Score, Cinematography, Editing, Hardy.

Neizar wrote:
kthevs wrote: The Academy isn't just a bunch of random people from the street. It's made up of actors, directors, etc. People who actually work in the film industry, and who know far more about the different aspects of cinema than any of us. They usually get it right, and I trust that they will do the same this time around. TDKR will be nominated, as will Nolan for best director.
I understand what you're trying to say, but believe it or not it's all about business and industry. That's all what Academy Awards is really about. That's my opinion over decades.. and Uhh, I don't think just because there are bunch of schmuck in their old ages who went to film schools that means that they know a lot (and better) than any of us or anyone else.
That has nothing to do with it. Most of them didn't go to film school. The thing is, most of the voters are people who have experienced success in Hollywood. They know the craft because they've lived it and done it. They know it far better than most people, just like ex players and coaches know their respective sports far better than someone who just sits on a couch and watches sports. It's easy for someone to pretend to be an expert on things like acting and directing, but most "Ordinary" people don't know squat about either of those things. If the Oscars were voted on by random people rather than academy members, you would see movies like Twilight and Transformers winning best picture. The smaller films would never even get any attention.