TDK Trilogy - Ultimate Collector's Edition Q3 2013!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Right, over the last year, you could buy each of the films for 5-12 bucks. So, let's just say %35 overall for all three movies on their own. Twenty bucks for the art and making of book, well that's $55.

That means even if the set goes down to $80, you're essentially paying a lot of money for a couple of cheap items you won't use or remember you have. The only saving grave are the two features, but would you pay ten dollars less than you paid for all three movies for two special features?

That's a pretty horrendous deal.

-Vader

Cilogy wrote:for $99 I better have Nolan come to my place and get high with me while we watch the trilogy
my feelings. Even if the price does down, I already have all three on Blu and I have the Trilogy book.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new interviews, but this is really disappointing. Could care less about toys and cards. Honestly the only thing I wanted was commentary. For Nolan's commentary alone, I would have dropped $150 easy. But I should have known better than to hope for that. I can't be mad at Nolan. He doesn't want to do commentary and I respect that. But WB should have been prepared to do something more with this set.

For TDKR with Bane's original prologue voice, deleted scenes, Nolan's commentary on all 3 films and a copy of Heath's Joker diary, I would have paid $300 and not batted an eye :lol:

I'll admit it's a little disappointing, but it's still gonna be cool as hell to own.

Does anybody know why Nolan doesn't release deleted scenes? I can't understand why?

radewart wrote:Does anybody know why Nolan doesn't release deleted scenes? I can't understand why?
Most deleted scenes in his films tend to be very minimal, just transition shots or an alternate view of a scene, like the the view of the hospital explosion from the bus.

Zez
The only way I'd buy this, is if they released a better transfer of The Dark Knight. Which is essentially paying $100 for something that should have existed in the first place.

What a joke. This was their last chance to really do something special to honor this trilogy and they took a giant dump on it and called it a day. Of course I wasn't expecting any commentaries, director's cuts, or deleted scenes, even though everyone wants to see those. Just think about all the moments we know about that were cut from Rises alone that could have easily been included. They wouldn't even have to be implemented into another cut of the movie, just put them on the disc to enjoy. And among other things, they couldn't have given us an in-depth memorial feature on Heath Ledger? So what exactly makes this set any more compelling than the trilogy box set already released? Some art cards, cheap Hot Wheels toys, and a whopping two new features? That's fucking ultimate! Even the discs are housed in those cheap sleeves instead of a proper case. And as others have mentioned, that book will be nothing more than a dumbed down version of The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy. The current trilogy set can be bought on Amazon for $35, which is 35% off its suggested retail price. Even if this new set were to be discounted the same percentage, that would still make it about $65 and it most likely won't even drop that low initially. Nothing in this ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION! justifies an additional $30+. Nothing.

Pretty lame, but what was anybody expecting? If it comes with new transfers of Begins and TDK I might be inclined to buy it, but I highly doubt it will .
The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
This sounds kinda promising, but I'm sure it's just set footage.
· IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio
What's this all about? A compilation of all the IMAX scenes?