The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray/DVD

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I just want to know if I'll ever get any bonus features on any of my discs besides the Art and Making book. :lol: If I got the Ultimate Edition for DVD, I'd get bonus features for all 3 movies and I'd be sooo happy.

Red Hood wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: It'll be annouced in a couple months.
I am just so anxious to see what it's going to look like. And I have the BB and TDK Blu-Ray Steelbooks so if I buy the TDKR Steelbook, it's complete. All I'll need is a slipcase and I'm set!
(0% chance its teaser 1.
Brave New World

I wonder when we'll get details for the Ultimate Edition. I need to know before splurging on the the trilogy set.

By the way, I've just started trying to assemble a blu-ray collection. Picked up Inception as my first blu-ray since it was on sale. I've been waiting for this trilogy. However, I'm hearing a lot of bashing of the BB and TDK transfers. Are they that poorly done? Is it not worth it unless they get remastered?

In Nolan We Trust wrote:I wonder when we'll get details for the Ultimate Edition. I need to know before splurging on the the trilogy set.

By the way, I've just started trying to assemble a blu-ray collection. Picked up Inception as my first blu-ray since it was on sale. I've been waiting for this trilogy. However, I'm hearing a lot of bashing of the BB and TDK transfers. Are they that poorly done? Is it not worth it unless they get remastered?
They're no where near being first tier video discs outside of TDK's IMAX scenes, but they're still infinitely better than the DVD's.

2013? When exactly?

3rd December for us Brits (I think). 8-)

ryan4butler wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
I am just so anxious to see what it's going to look like. And I have the BB and TDK Blu-Ray Steelbooks so if I buy the TDKR Steelbook, it's complete. All I'll need is a slipcase and I'm set!
(0% chance its teaser 1.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Chalk Bat or Theatrical poster.

Hey as an owner of BB & TDK on Blu-Ray, could someone fill me in on what's wrong with the picture quality for TDK & why WB messed up that films BD release?

This is a direct transfer from the prior HD DVD release. As such, it doesn’t take full advantage of the format, and time has lowered the quality of the original. The picture is soft, and fine details struggle to come through. While certain shots are nearly flawless, the majority of the video is rather flat, although still a hefty jump from a DVD. The superb blacks do keep a stunning level of contrast , and the flesh tones are accurate. It’s a shame Warner didn’t issue a new encode though.
http://www.doblu.com/2009/06/10/batman- ... et-review/
One of the flagship Warner releases on HD DVD, Batman Begins was delayed on BD to better capitalize on interactive features. Unfortunately, Warner appeared to make no effort to capitalize on Blu-ray's overarching feature: superior capacity. The bitrates of the BD are no better than that of the HD DVD. That means the picture and sound are also held back by the HD DVD, and appear to have been sourced from the same transfer. The video and audio are not bad at all, but Batman Begins is not up to reference quality by any accurate assessment. The most frustrating part of this observation is not just waiting more than a year for no significant bitrate improvement over the HD DVD, but in comparing Batman Begins to a six-minute prologue of The Dark Knight, which is included on the BD. Every frame of the prologue is truly reference quality, generating a stark contrast to the comparably veiled and constricted dynamics of the main feature.

Watch the scene on the frozen lake, where Bruce spars with Ducard. The color and detail is a touch muted, although the resolution is actually quite good. The tonal balance, from light to dark, appears lifelike, but definition is subdued as if a thin layer of plastic is placed over the screen. It is this "veiling" from the low bitrate transfer that hinders the picture and separates it from reference quality BDs like No Country for Old Men.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-Begins-Blu-ray/5/

As for TDK's transfer, there have been complaints that the picture sharpening is all jacked up.

My personal gripe is that the quiet scenes are way too quiet and then the loud scenes are way too loud which causes me to have to fiddle with the volume.