13-Year-Old Dressed as Two-Face Shoots Himself at School

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/13-Year- ... 47415.html
Residents of a medium-sized Oklahoma town are reeling today after a middle schooler brought a gun to school and shot himself on Superhero Dress-up Day. Thirteen-year-old Cade Poulos was a good student without a history of disciplinary problems, but when he showed up to class this morning dressed as Batman villain Two-Face, something was clearly wrong.

According to KOCO, Poulos shot himself with a handgun in the middle of a crowded hallway just before morning classes were about to begin at 7:50. Emergency responders were called to the scene almost immediately, but by the time they arrived, nothing could be done.

Within minutes, Stillwater Middle School was put on lockdown, and parents were notified to pick up their children. All except the victim escaped without physical injuries, but the scars and wounds from the tragedy will no doubt linger through the hallways for years.

Details about the victim and possible motivations for his suicide are being kept under wraps, but several students have told various outlets that Poulos was despondent recently over some bullying incidents. Those stories will come out in the coming weeks, as will plenty of comparisons to the tragedy in Aurora, given that shooter was dressed as the Joker. At this point, there's no reason to think the whole Two-Face thing was anything more than a bizarre coincidence, but regardless of what the real motivations were, they won't change the fact that a smiley teenager is gone before he was able to reach the prime of his life.

Pop Blend's sincerest thoughts go out to the entire Poulos family, as well as all those touched by Cade's life. He will be missed.
This is so sad. Seriously, fuck bullies. May he rest in peace. :(

aaron wrote:http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/13-Year- ... 47415.html
Residents of a medium-sized Oklahoma town are reeling today after a middle schooler brought a gun to school and shot himself on Superhero Dress-up Day. Thirteen-year-old Cade Poulos was a good student without a history of disciplinary problems, but when he showed up to class this morning dressed as Batman villain Two-Face, something was clearly wrong.

According to KOCO, Poulos shot himself with a handgun in the middle of a crowded hallway just before morning classes were about to begin at 7:50. Emergency responders were called to the scene almost immediately, but by the time they arrived, nothing could be done.

Within minutes, Stillwater Middle School was put on lockdown, and parents were notified to pick up their children. All except the victim escaped without physical injuries, but the scars and wounds from the tragedy will no doubt linger through the hallways for years.

Details about the victim and possible motivations for his suicide are being kept under wraps, but several students have told various outlets that Poulos was despondent recently over some bullying incidents. Those stories will come out in the coming weeks, as will plenty of comparisons to the tragedy in Aurora, given that shooter was dressed as the Joker. At this point, there's no reason to think the whole Two-Face thing was anything more than a bizarre coincidence, but regardless of what the real motivations were, they won't change the fact that a smiley teenager is gone before he was able to reach the prime of his life.

Pop Blend's sincerest thoughts go out to the entire Poulos family, as well as all those touched by Cade's life. He will be missed.
This is so sad. Seriously, fuck bullies. May he rest in peace. :(
Holy shit, that's awful
Sigs???

:cry: I find this more depressing than the theater shooting.

Forum Pro
Law
So let me guess, Nolan & Co will have to release statements and Christian Bale will have to go visit this kids family now? Because this is going to be all their fault right?

That's devastating.

This has been an incredibly devastating summer and now fall, and for so much of it to be related to the trilogy... ugh.

This is incredibly depressing. I can't imagine the parents of the child... what they must be feeling and thinking..

-Vader

Where can a 13 year old get a Gun... :judge: :judge:

Z. Cobb wrote:Where can a 13 year old get a Gun... :judge: :judge:
He probably took it from his dad. :cry: I almost cried when I read the article.

I'm not trying to make a joke out of this, and this is a tragedy, but I'm genuinely curious, was he inspired by the character and flipped a coin first in deciding his fate?

Depressing. I wonder how he got the gun. LIke someone said, probably from his dad. Shame on his dad for not keeping it properly locked and hidden away if that is the case.