13-Year-Old Dressed as Two-Face Shoots Himself at School

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
dave139 wrote:I'm not trying to make a joke out of this, and this is a tragedy, but I'm genuinely curious, was he inspired by the character and flipped a coin first in deciding his fate?
Maybe he aimed the gun at the ones responsible.

LiberNovus wrote:
dave139 wrote:I'm not trying to make a joke out of this, and this is a tragedy, but I'm genuinely curious, was he inspired by the character and flipped a coin first in deciding his fate?
Maybe he aimed the gun at the ones responsible.
The more I read your messages, the more I start to think you're an useless troll.

This is really sad that this happened now, just after the release of TDKR. I mean that, the Aurora shooting, the heavily-armed man arrested at a theater... and what's sadder is that some people will find a way to accuse Nolan and his Batman trilogy to be responsible for all of this.

RIP smiling boy.

Really sad. :(

I don't think this has as much to do with the trilogy as people will think, though. The article says it was superhero dress-up day, so I think it was coincidence that he was a Batman character. And who's to say his Two-Face costume was Nolan's Two-Face. He could've been a lifelong Batman fan, for all we know.

Oh my:( This is so sad! It's so upsetting and sad to think a child that young is going through and dealing with something so horrible to him that he feels the need to shoot himself in order to end it:( My heart goes out!

Now don't get me wrong, this is devastating and my thoughts are with the family and friends of his but this really shouldn't have anything to do with Batman, more so than the Aurora shooting. We don't know and I highly doubt that his motivation came from the films or the character. More than likely it was trouble he was having at school and/or his whole life.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

I think there is a feel of hopeless around many people. In the Movie Theather we can see a hero, saving a city.
But in the real world we need to be are own Hero. Always talk with your children's or nefew's, they need too hear your advice. :oldmanface:

SomeFrenchToast wrote:The more I read your messages, the more I start to think you're an useless troll
Why so serious?

For the record, I believe all kinds of shooting sprees are equally horrific. I just don't feel like singling out anyone specific.

How in the heck does a 13 year old wind up with a gun and actually ends up taking to school as well??

Crazy and sad.

josehinojosa wrote:I think there is a feel of hopeless around many people. In the Movie Theather we can see a hero, saving a city.
But in the real world we need to be are own Hero. Always talk with your children's or nefew's, they need too hear your advice. :oldmanface:

As Batman said to Gordon TDKR:

"Anyone can be a hero"

DKnight007 wrote:How in the heck does a 13 year old wind up with a gun and actually ends up taking to school as well??

Crazy and sad.
He probably snuck it in from home. Such a fucked up story, my thoughts go out to the family as well as the kids who had to witnessed such a horrific event.