Bane WAS NOT a pawn

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Of course it makes sense. He's a movie monster. Every movie monster is sympathetic in some sense. It made perfect sense in the film. I don't see how it doesn't.

slimshady247 wrote:Of course it makes sense. He's a movie monster. Every movie monster is sympathetic in some sense. It made perfect sense in the film. I don't see how it doesn't.
He's kind of like Frankenstein in a sense.

This thread :suicide:
"When art imitates life"

BlairCo wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:Of course it makes sense. He's a movie monster. Every movie monster is sympathetic in some sense. It made perfect sense in the film. I don't see how it doesn't.
He's kind of like Frankenstein in a sense.
Well, that's how Nolan intended him to be.
dafox wrote:This thread :suicide:
Why so serious?

Viper wrote: The
Bane twist
detracts from the character, and shifts the movie into a direction that doesn't really make sense.
Bane being revealed to be talia's protector doesn't make him any less of a badass. He was still the same fucked up character that grew up in the pit and got kicked out of the LoS. All this does is help reveal his motivations which makes his character a ton more interesting.

In the words of Boris the Animal.....let's agree to disagree.

I wanted Bane to be hateable and lack Joker's charisma, and they still managed to do that
even with the tender moments (both with Talia, the one in the past and the one in the present). Bane ended up being more than simply "The Joker with muscles" that a lot of people wanted. Bane does have some other dimensions to him that are sometimes shown in the comics as well.
As for the marketing and quotes from the cast and production such as Hardy and Nolan:

"Bane has come to do a job and has no feelings of remorse or shame about the death and destruction he’s causing. There is nothing ambiguous about Bane. He is clearly a villain…just a horrible piece of work" (Tom Hardy / TDKR Production Notes)

"Bane is raw strength with a fanatical devotion to duty, and that combination makes him unstoppable.” (Chris Nolan / TDKR Production Notes)

"There is a huge orchestration of organization to his ambition. He is also a physical threat to Batman. There is nothing vague about Bane. No jokes. He's a very clean, clear villain." (Tom Hardy / Entertainment Weekly April 20 2012)

"He's a great sort of movie monster, but with an incredible brain, and that was a side of him that hadn't been tapped before." (Chris Nolan / Empire Magazine January 2012)

"If we're going to shoot somebody, shoot the pregnant woman or the old lady first. Make sure everybody stands up. And listens. He is a terrorist in his mentality as well as brutal action. So he's horrible. A really horrible piece of work." (Tom Hardy / Empire Magazine January 2012)

...and so on
There was a lot of baiting and switching with the Bane character and his backstory and role. But you have to expect this as it is typical in a Nolan film. Some of which I knew in advance thanks to Devin Faraci's spoilers and leaked call sheets which were mostly useful. I figured some people would react negatively to this aspect of it. He was still an awesome warrior general in his talents even after the rug is pulled out from under the audience's feet, and that's all that matters.

Viper wrote:In the words of Boris the Animal.....let's agree to disagree.
you deserve some sort of troll award for this post.

Bane was Talia's pawn... end of story. lol
Brave New World

solo2001 wrote:
Viper wrote:In the words of Boris the Animal.....let's agree to disagree.
you deserve some sort of troll award for this post.
Lmao.