Did you like this reveal?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Now I was shocked and very pleased when 'Miranda' stabbed Batman and revealed that she's the child of Ra's, Talia. Did you like how she revealed herself and showed the relationship between Bane and Talia? Some people say they feel kinda upset that Talia was the whole mastermind and Bane was just following her command. I think that's not true, personally. I believe that they both were in command working together and planning the whole thing out, do you agree or disagree?

NolanFan94 wrote:Now I was shocked and very pleased when 'Miranda' stabbed Batman and revealed that she's the child of Ra's, Talia. Did you like how she revealed herself and showed the relationship between Bane and Talia? Some people say they feel kinda upset that Talia was the whole mastermind and Bane was just following her command. I think that's not true, personally. I believe that they both were in command working together and planning the whole thing out, do you agree or disagree?
I like the thought of Miranda succeeding to lure Bruce into "rescuing" Gotham in an economic way as a diversion for her yearly long master plan. Remember, Bruce's father defeated Miranda's father many many years ago when The League of Shadows tried a new method as mentioned by Ra's; economics.

I was mildly surprised mainly because I kinda forgot the whole Talia thing mid-way through the movie (even though I already saw spy-pics of her as Talia).

But mostly, me and a number of other people in the theatre on Premiere Night just went 'Pffffffft'.

i went into the film knowing nothing about miranda = talia, and i was like OMG HOLY SHIT when it was revealed (pretty sure i flailed my arms around). during the bruce/miranda sexytimes scene, when she made the fleeting comment about her scar, i was like "ohhh, maybe she's bad?" but that was so early on in the film that i had forgotten all about it by the time everything came to light.

although, when bruce's prisoner friend was explaining how the doctor had tended to bane after he was injured in the prison fight, i was super confused because, of course, i still thought that bane had fled the prison as a child. at the time, i figured i had just misunderstood part of the story and it wasn't until i was talking to someone about the movie after it was over that i realized i had been catching on to classic nolan hinting.

I love how the scar is such a big clue but you'd never know what it was unless you somehow remembered the marking on the branding iron that Ra's (Ken Watanabe) stokes the fire bowl with in BB. Honestly, I didn't know what the branding iron in BB was for until after I saw TDKR... Also, I just realized that she's stoking a fucking fire as he's touching the scar. Brilliant.

Scar or no scar, after the sex scene I thought, "There's a League of Shadows plot AND they bang? She's definitely Talia."

Isn't this thread title a little spoilerish?

I still don't think it was necessary to include her in the story, but I have no problem with it now. I do think she is the weak link in the movie, as her character was criminally underdeveloped. There was also already so much going on, throwing her into the mix at the end just didn't feel necessary, and Bane would have been more interesting without the LOS angle, imo.

I liked her plan. Less so her reveal, though. Mind you, I had a feeling she would be Talia, but I kind of buried it at the pit of my stomach. Worst-kept film secret of 2012 ahoyyy! :lol:

horsehead wrote:I love how the scar is such a big clue but you'd never know what it was unless you somehow remembered the marking on the branding iron that Ra's (Ken Watanabe) stokes the fire bowl with in BB. Honestly, I didn't know what the branding iron in BB was for until after I saw TDKR... Also, I just realized that she's stoking a fucking fire as he's touching the scar. Brilliant.
Yes, and Bane was stoking a fire in the Gordon sewer scene. :-D Nice connection between the two characters, especially because she said, "When WE had a fire..." "We" being her and Bane, no doubt.

Wow, I had forgotten about the branding iron in BB. Cool.

I liked it even though I was expecting everything.

I continuously denied Miranda being Talia, even when the pics of her got released I still denied it; I thought that Nolan had to be more original than that, because he would just be repeating Ra's reveal. So I went into the film as Team 'No Talia'. Boy, was I wrong. But since I was expecting no Talia reveal, it was still a nice surprise to know that I was wrong.