[SPOILERS] What surprised you about TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
This topic is geared more towards any members or lurkers of the forum for the last year, or anyone in general who followed production of the film. I felt like knowing so much took me out of the film the first time I watched it. There were some plot points which were previously figured out through trailers, leaked photos, interviews etc. Luckily Nolan still had some surprises in store for us. What were some moments in the film that completely caught you off guard?

Mine:
-The back break
-Catwoman and Bane were not working together (aside from the deal to trap Bats)
-Bane breaking into Applied Sciences from underground. We all knew he got a hold of the Tumblers somehow, but when I first saw that Tumbler fall with the rubble I was like :shock:
-Liam Neeson (not in the flashbacks, in hallucination/dream form)
-The "Child" turning out to be Talia

- Bane Breaking Batman's Back.
- Juno Temple Cameo
- Liam Neeson Cameo (And saying that he was immortal, I thought for a second that he was immortal)
- Talia Reveal (I was team 'No Talia' before I saw the film and wasn't expecting her to reveal herself)

BlairCo wrote:
- Talia Reveal (I was team 'No Talia' before I saw the film and wasn't expecting her to reveal herself)
You've been a NF member for more than a year, did you somehow manage to avoid the set photos of her walking down the City Hall steps dressed in the tunic?

hotsauce32 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
You've been a NF member for more than a year, did you somehow manage to avoid the set photos of her walking down the City Hall steps dressed in the tunic?
No I did not, I denied it her being Talia because I knew Nolan was better then that. How ignorance is bliss.

Ending .. 8-)

-New prologue voice
-Bane's back break
-Robin reveal
-Bruce alive at the end
-Ra's Al Ghul flashback

Oh yeah, the Robin Reveal certainly stunned me.

The new prologue voice.
Bane breaking Batman's back
The Thalia reveal (I had already known about it, but it was still kind of surprising the way they did it)
Bane's speech at Blackgate, which is one of my favorite scenes.
Robin
The ending

Probably more, but I only remember those.

1) The backbreaking
2) The Robin thing
3) How Bane's voice turned out in the end (didn't see the prologue before seeing the film)
4) How bloody emotional it was!

Alfred leaving Bruce. Didn't see that coming.
Blake knowing who Batman was (I am not familiar with the comic in case it is already mentioned there)
Bruce Wayne supposedly sleeping with BOTH Talia and Kyle.