[SPOILERS] What surprised you about TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nothing surprised me about this movie since I read enough spoilers to ruin the experience. The movie was still fantastic, but it could have been so much better if I didn't know so much about the story and twists beforehand.

What surprised my the most, is learning that this is the last batman nolanverse film :(

JonnyG wrote:What surprised my the most, is learning that this is the last batman nolanverse film :(
You didn't know it beforehand? :eh:

John Blake wrote:
JonnyG wrote:What surprised my the most, is learning that this is the last batman nolanverse film :(
You didn't know it beforehand? :eh:

weeeeell
yeah...
but after watching the film twice... im craving for another batman nolanverse film...... :batface:

-The Prologue; Seriously, I heard tidbits of it but seeing it on the big screen fully was jaw-dropping.
-The Ra's and Scarecrow cameos
-John Blake's name being Robin
-Alfred leaving
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Leading up to Batman Begins, I was completely obsessed. I was so pumped that they were finally going to do Batman right. I slowed down every frame of every trailer and TV spot, watched every clip (there were quite a few by the time the movie came out), scoured every picture and set photo, and read all kinds of spoilers. When I finally saw it at midnight before opening day, I was disappointed. Nothing was new or special, and most of what I hadn't seen was in the third act, which to this day I have problems with.

I vowed to never over-hype and spoil another movie again. I went in fresh on TDK and took special precaution to go in fresh and keep my expectations under control for TDKR. I think I stopped coming here once set photos started coming in.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone, because I've been there, but reading some of the posts here make me glad I did TDKR the way I did.

So to answer the question, I was pretty shocked at the change in tone from TDK--the pulpy comic book feel mixed in with the intense bleakness. As soon as I saw
Crane sitting at the top of the stack of desks banging a gavel,
I was like what am I watching? I loved it.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
Besides the back breaking and Alfred leaving, I was surprised that there were so few deaths. I really expected Lucius to die.
I know. I did admit, I did expect
Blake to die; he was one of two characters (along with Tate/ Talia) I thought would be killed off, Talia just because the trailer painted her to be the love interest :lol: . When he was on the bridge and getting shot at, I thought he'd die then. Gotta admit I got a bit distressed at that though :lol:

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:
Besides the back breaking and Alfred leaving, I was surprised that there were so few deaths. I really expected Lucius to die.
Blake to die; he was one of two characters (along with Tate/ Talia) I thought would be killed off, Talia just because the trailer painted her to be the love interest :lol: . When he was on the bridge and getting shot at, I thought he'd die then. Gotta admit I got a bit distressed at that though :lol:
I thought Alfred was going to die. I've never cried at a film, i got pretty close with some, TDKR being one of them, but if that had happened i probably would have broken down and cried all day :cry:

Guess my biggest surprise was about Miranda Tate. I already new she was Talia Al Ghul and thought that (like in the comics I've read before) she and Bruce would end up together. It was a surprise when she stabbed him. Another surprise was about a prediction I made months ago, and I got it right: When a lot of people were considering that Batman would die, my guess was that it would happen. Batman would "die", his legend would live, and Bruce Wayne was finally gonna have a life away from Gotham. Just thought it was gonna be with Miranda and not Selina, but since they're both hot, Bruce scored high anyway.

RabidBEBOP wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
I thought Alfred was going to die. I've never cried at a film, i got pretty close with some, TDKR being one of them, but if that had happened i probably would have broken down and cried all day :cry:
I felt that way about Gordon. That poor man has been through a lot, and I had serious concerns going into this one, especially since I knew it was the "final" Batman. I was sweatin' the load several times for Gordon throughout TDKR. I kept thinking, "Please don't hurt that man."