Would you have preferred it if

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman had killed Bane? It would've definitely shaken things up a bit, and it would be cool to see how killing a man (if Harvey didn't count) would affect Bruce's psyche and it would also escape cliche, but it would also go against the natural spirit of Batman which is to not take a life.

And if you disagree with having Bats kill him, how would you have killed off Bane? Would you let him live? Keep it the way it was in the film? Or have him die a different way, if so what? And no, this thread isn't meant to bash the real death scene. I think it's done very well, it just feels a little insignificant in the long run, especially once we're introduced to Talia.

I'm fine with Catwoman killing Bane my issue is more with the way it was executed.

Bane's death sucked. It could have been done much differently. But what's done is done.
Do you... like pineapple?

It sucks to know the fact that Talia had a more cinematic and cooler death than Bane did.

ComptonTerry wrote:I'm fine with Catwoman killing Bane my issue is more with the way it was executed.
EXACTLY.

BlairCo wrote:It sucks to know the fact that Talia had a more cinematic and cooler death than Bane did.
Both were pretty bad.
It's just that such a fantastic and devastating character like Bane didn't have an appropriate send off.

But as a side-note, the Joker's final scene is momentous.

Do you... like pineapple?

Yeah, Bane's death could've been more grandiose. Matter of fact, it should've been. Catwoman definitely should not have been the one who puts him down, and more so, not so quicly either. Both characters did not have a strong enough interaction along the movie that could justify one killing the other. Bane simply gets shot and disappears from the movie, just like that.

Batman should've been the one to beat him. All was going well when Batman punched out some parts of his mask and Bane began to suffer. After Miranda's scene, maybe Catwoman could show up and, instead of blowing Bane up, just blow up something near Bane, making him loose his balance so the fight could go on till' the point when Bane's mask is all fucked up and he can't resist anymore so, slowly, dramatically, he collapses as Batman watches with that angry face, heavy with resolve. Something like a bending down of the "I don't have to save you" concept. So, Bane dies not only because Batman beats him, but also because he has this impairment that, in the end, was his final death agent. And that would also leave a taste of "Batman broke his one rule", which would be perfectly appropriated for this time.

I still don't see the problem with how Bane died. It's war. In the battle field the leaders don't necessarily die in some more "heroic" or epic fashion than the other soldiers. It was a quick, cold death. The death of soldier in battle.

And Catwoman's one liner is entirely appropriate within the context of her character.
Batman should've been the one to beat him. All was going well when Batman punched out some parts of his mask and Bane began to suffer. After Miranda's scene, maybe Catwoman could show up and, instead of blowing Bane up, just blow up something near Bane, making him loose his balance so the fight could go on till' the point when Bane's mask is all fucked up and he can't resist anymore so, slowly, dramatically, he collapses as Batman watches with that angry face, heavy with resolve.
Batman did beat him. He beat him, and stuck to his one rule. And, in all realness here, the chances of Batman getting the better of a recharged and invigorated Bane with a gun, is slim to none.

Something like a bending down of the "I don't have to save you" concept. So, Bane dies not only because Batman beats him, but also because he has this impairment that, in the end, was his final death agent. And that would also leave a taste of "Batman broke his one rule", which would be perfectly appropriated for this time.
If Batman breaks his one rule it makes The Dark Knight pointless. It would make his exile pointless. To go through so much to disprove the Joker and to give Gotham the hero it needed in Dent's legacy, and then at the very end just say "Fuck it Joker was right" and kill Bane? Yeah, no thank you.

I would have preferred if Batman and Bane continued to fight each other and Batman manages to rip off the front of his apparatus and exposes his mouth (Which I assume is severely gory), resulting in Bane losing air.

jibran wrote:
But as a side-note, the Joker's final scene is momentous.

This scene gives me chills it is so damn good. Such a great exit.