Are your friends torn on TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
All of the friends I've talked to have loved it. Two of them still preferred TDK, but the others liked TDKR more.

Most of my friends loved it. One of my friends liked it less the second time she saw it and chose TDK as being better, she said she didnt hate TDKR, she just felt that there were too many 'stories' and 'characters' going on..and that the focus should have been on Bane more. She also felt that there should have been more of a connection between TDK and TDKR. :-)

Hah not really. Two friends who've never met had very similar views ("it was OK, but..."). One of them - who's also my housemate - got drunk last night and absolutely slagged it off, saying it wasn't a very good Batman film. He is a huge fan of the comics, though.. :lol:

ryan4butler wrote:My friends think the ending was terrible and so does my family. IDK why, i love it and they interperet as stupid or Alfred's dream. :sick:
I hope you mentioned to them that it has now been confirmed that it wasn't a dream.

kthevs wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:My friends think the ending was terrible and so does my family. IDK why, i love it and they interperet as stupid or Alfred's dream. :sick:
I hope you mentioned to them that it has now been confirmed that it wasn't a dream.
I'm sick of those who say it's a dream. I don't get how can they think so... I mean, the ending was pretty simple, not over-complicated or something.

If Nolan had made this before Inception I'm sure no one would be saying it's a dream.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
kthevs wrote: I hope you mentioned to them that it has now been confirmed that it wasn't a dream.
I'm sick of those who say it's a dream. I don't get how can they think so... I mean, the ending was pretty simple, not over-complicated or something.

If Nolan had made this before Inception I'm sure no one would be saying it's a dream.
This. We're left hanging over Bruce's fate for a (wonderful) couple of minutes, but then the film goes out of its way to show that he's alive and well.
Come on, Mr. Nolan. It's all your fault. After all those heartbreaking endings you can't expect us to believe that, for once, they did live happily ever after. :lol:

All my friends who I've talked to about it said they liked it. One of them said he still preferred the second one, though, and another friend of mine felt that it should have been split into two movies instead of being crammed into one. My family also said they thought it was very good but not quite up to par with the second film.

Personally I thought the film improved on a second viewing, and it's a lot of fun to have a discussion about in terms of the thematic material thrown in there (especially when comparing it to A Tale of Two Cities).

I have a cool friend who has seen the first 2 and loves TDK. the cool friend wasnt available so I saw it with another friend who I was sure wouldnt like it because of his taste. My second friend loved it and was surprised by Ras's and Dr. Crane's cameos. We went to a restaurant for dinner after the movie and we both sat quietly for a while before we started discussing the movie. This is a big thing coz this friend rarely stays quiet. We both agreed its much better than Avengers.

My cousin saw it and loved it.

My uncle doesnt love Nolan films but he loved TDKR and saw it on the day he got married. we both exchanged TDKR posters.

I have another friend who wondered why batman wasnt in the Avengers and has his own movie. :suicide:

zonda wrote:
I have another friend who wondered why batman wasnt in the Avengers and has his own movie. :suicide:
I'd have answered: "He's that awesome". :lol:

Anyway, my friends loved it! (the ones that had hated TDK didn't even bother watching this one, though :D)
And interestingly enough, most of them explicitly mentioned the script among their favorite things about the film.

Lynn wrote:
zonda wrote:
I'd have answered: "He's that awesome". :lol:
BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN!