Are your friends torn on TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Ive probably spoken to 10 people who have seen it and the numbers look like this:

2 were disappointed
5 liked it
3 loved it
0 thought it was as good or better than TDK

Ive only seen it once, but Im probably in the "loved it but thought TDK was better" group.

No one was "torn" btw.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Ive probably spoken to 10 people who have seen it and the numbers look like this:

2 were disappointed
5 liked it
3 loved it
0 thought it was as good or better than TDK

Ive only seen it once, but Im probably in the "loved it but thought TDK was better" group.

No one was "torn" btw.
"When art imitates life"

i guess it's just a matter of preference. after my friend and i saw it, her first & my second viewing, she enjoyed it. we didn't really discuss, which film was better out the three. our attention spanned more on how the storylines connected to all the films.

One of my co worker was disappointed. He loved the first 2 but for Dark Knight Rises he expected it to follow the comic version or something. It's too bad :(

I've seen it 3 times :
- Real IMAX 15/70 alone in UK: crazy
- Digital IMAX with 50% of my best friends: all loved or liked it
- Classic cinema with the other half: part liked it, part were trully disappointed

The 3rd session (normal) was a bit disapointing with a picture not bright enough and a sound that was clearly not immersive. One of my friends didn't get "into" the movie and disliked it, a lot, noticing every flaws and inconsistencies. I think he was expecting way too much (he liked Begins a lot, and loved TDK) and was disappointed by the action sequences (felt nothing), the end (too much obvious and clumsy twists / cheesy nuclear time-bomb, not fitting into the verse / cheesy bruce appearance at the cafe and mention of the name Robin). Overall he liked the first part but blocked on some directors choices : Bane rioting Gotham in an instant though he is the man threatening the people, etc.

I admit I couldn't truly correct him, I agreed with a large amount of those complaints, but most of them didn't bothered me.
I'll not talk about Marion Cotillard, here in France the public is not tolerant at all with her and laughed hard during my 2nd and 3rd session, for her "ultimate scene"... That doesn't help staying focused.

Don't get me wrong, the film was massive and gave me the chills on some sequences (1st Bane Vs Batman 0__0), but I felt a bit frustrated too...

The overwhelming majority were completely satisfied, but they all preferred TDK or BB on reflection.

I think he was expecting way too much (he liked Begins a lot, and loved TDK) and was disappointed by the action sequences (felt nothing), the end (too much obvious and clumsy twists / cheesy nuclear time-bomb, not fitting into the verse / cheesy bruce appearance at the cafe and mention of the name Robin). Overall he liked the first part but blocked on some directors choices : Bane rioting Gotham in an instant though he is the man threatening the people, etc.
This is exactly how I felt. Doesn't prevent me from loving it though of course, and going to see it again Thursday with my best friend who hasn't seen it yet. Though the ending was clearly predictable, it made my heart pounce so much in my chest because of how it's brought up. I never get tired of it (I have a bootleg of the movie and I know it by heart now, but I can't wait to see it in high quality again).

Overall, the people I know who have seen it said it was brilliant, but some had more criticisms with Bane's mask rather than his voice.

People who compare this film to TDK or BB are comparing Apples to Peaches. Sane goes for the folks who compare Ledgers Joker to Hardys Bane.

Apples to Peaches. :?

They all liked it but most of them were of the opinion that TDK was better.