To all the people bitching about "logic gaps"

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
You do realized this is a comic book movie right? THE WHOLE FUCKING THING IS A LOGIC GAP!!. I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitch about "how bruce get's from India into Gotham?"

Really, you're gonna question that. Not how he affords all the Batman toys and nobody other than Blake can put 2 and 2 together, not how Bane is literally able to take over a city, which would never work in the real world, not the multitudes of other stuff that is from a comic book movie. The very idea of super heroes, and of Batman is a fucking logic gap. You're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book movie. Just like you're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book.

Also, it's perfectly feasible that Bruce can get from India to Gotham. He probs have hidden funds stored around the world in various places, he's Batman after all. He would also have a hidden way into Gotham, once again, he's Batman.

As for John Blake knowing, he was obviously smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, I mean honestly, only one guy in the city could possibly be him. He also knew that the Bruce Wayne he saw when he was younger was the fake.

The real issue is people compare this to TDK and claim that TDK was better which is FALSE BY ALL MEANS.

TDK had plenty of logic gaps, plot holes, cheesy moments, and ridiculous scenes that defies the realistic approach.

Hypocrisy is a bitch.

wit
Doesn't it say something when you suspend reality and still find things that don't sit we'll with you? Film makers like Nolan walk this fine line and check there continuity all the time. Isn't it fun to find these oopses and flesh them out? Not trying to troll here, but I like being able to discuss things on a discussion board, even when they are goofy.

What "oopsies"?

Where are these continuity errors? I didn't spot any. Him doing things that pertain to these "logic gaps" aren't continuity errors.

RIFA wrote:The real issue is people compare this to TDK and claim that TDK was better which is FALSE BY ALL MEANS.

TDK had plenty of logic gaps, plot holes, cheesy moments, and ridiculous scenes that defies the realistic approach.

Hypocrisy is a bitch.

that's the major problem for TDKR. It's a different movie. And so comparing to of them is really complicated thing.

FirelordSylar wrote:You do realized this is a comic book movie right? THE WHOLE FUCKING THING IS A LOGIC GAP!!. I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitch about "how bruce get's from India into Gotham?"

Really, you're gonna question that. Not how he affords all the Batman toys and nobody other than Blake can put 2 and 2 together, not how Bane is literally able to take over a city, which would never work in the real world, not the multitudes of other stuff that is from a comic book movie. The very idea of super heroes, and of Batman is a fucking logic gap. You're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book movie. Just like you're supposed to suspend disbelief in a comic book.

Also, it's perfectly feasible that Bruce can get from India to Gotham. He probs have hidden funds stored around the world in various places, he's Batman after all. He would also have a hidden way into Gotham, once again, he's Batman.

As for John Blake knowing, he was obviously smart enough to put 2 and 2 together, I mean honestly, only one guy in the city could possibly be him. He also knew that the Bruce Wayne he saw when he was younger was the fake.
They shot the movie in India but maybe the prison is not even located in India.

I pity anyone who chose sit through TDKR with a sour-puss scowl, arms-folded, refusing to enjoy themselves, nitpicking 'logic gaps' ignoring the forest for the trees. In your haste to hem and haw on the internet about plot inconsistencies, you missed a great film. Instead of living in the moment that actualized, brilliantly, the end of the greatest superhero franchise of all time. You were the jerkoff who was more concerned with Selina Kyle's background check at Wayne Manor. Way to go. :thumbup:
Last edited by Fallon on July 23rd, 2012, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fallon wrote:I pity anyone who chose sit through TDKR with a sour-puss scowl, arms-folded, refusing to enjoy themselves, nitpicking 'logic gaps' ignoring the forest for the trees. In your haste to hem and haw on the internet about plot inconsistencies, you missed a great film.

They sure did.

Fallon wrote:I pity anyone who chose sit through TDKR with a sour-puss scowl, arms-folded, refusing to enjoy themselves, nitpicking 'logic gaps' ignoring the forest for the trees. In your haste to hem and haw on the internet about plot inconsistencies, you missed a great film.
Every movie has flaws. People just try to undermine its greatness because it is so great.
Brave New World

FirelordSylar wrote:What "oopsies"?

Where are these continuity errors? I didn't spot any. Him doing things that pertain to these "logic gaps" aren't continuity errors.
I'm not talking about continuity errors because don't rememmber any. But it's true that every continuity has some set of 'rules' they have to respect. I won't bitch if Superman, for example, goes from India/Morocco to Gotham in five minutes because he's FUCK**G Superman and I buy his superpowers because they are explained before he does all these things.

This problem with Bruce is legit imo. It's not implied in the film that he has secret money or something and 'he's Batman' doesn't sound like a valid excuse. He simply goes from the Pit to Gotham and we don't know how, it's a bit weird.

It didn't affect the experience of course but I can say it's an error, much like The Joker being left in the penthouse in TDK.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.