Loading...
The 2012 grand-scale epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
199
56%
90% Awesome
89
25%
80% Awesome
33
9%
70% Awesome
16
4%
60% Awesome
6
2%
50% Awesome
2
1%
40% Awesome
2
1%
30% Awesome
0
No votes
20% Awesome
1
0%
10% Awesome
0
No votes
0% Awesome
10
3%
 
Total votes : 358
Posts: 22590
Location: On NolanFans, aren't I?
My uncle, who didn't like TDK, loved this.
Posts: 13377
Bacon wrote:My uncle, who didn't like TDK, loved this.

Cool story bro. :twothumbsup:
Posts: 40066
Bacon wrote:My uncle, who didn't like TDK, loved this.

Your uncle is a moron.
Posts: 1733
Location: Russia
Watched it 3 times. 90%
My complaints still are pacing in the first part of film, too much Blake and not much Selina, especially in the second part. She was underutilized.
Posts: 10174
90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.
Posts: 40066
Asanty wrote:too much Blake and not much Selina, especially in the second part.

that is not a logical complaint that is you being a Catwoman fanboy, Blake got more time because he is more important to the overall trilogy and the story that was being told.
Posts: 2900
Location: North Carolina
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.


I agree that it's Nolan's most flawed film. Way too much he was trying to integrate into the film and it felt sloppy and rushed. Although I do disagree with the start being very good...I thought it was all over the place for the most part of the film, I thought the 3rd act was the best although I had a lot of problems with it as well.

In my opinion, Following is the perfect example of why Nolan is so great and TDKR is a problem that Nolan has just begin to run into: With regards to Following, it was a no-budget film that had no-name actors yet was all about story and concept, and it is absolutely riveting, with a sensational climax. TDKR is a big budget film that has so much ambition, that it doesn't focus on Bruces' story as much as it should, instead attempting to incorporate new characters Bane, Miranda, John Blake, and Catwoman. I'm looking forward to Nolan's future work, and although I have nothing to base this off of, I have a hard time believing this is the film Nolan wanted to make considering his track record of tight story making, because this film is anything but tight.
Posts: 15994
Location: North Carolina
Skyab23 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.


I agree that it's Nolan's most flawed film. Way too much he was trying to integrate into the film and it felt sloppy and rushed. Although I do disagree with the start being very good...I thought it was all over the place for the most part of the film, I thought the 3rd act was the best although I had a lot of problems with it as well.

In my opinion, Following is the perfect example of why Nolan is so great and TDKR is a problem that Nolan has just begin to run into: With regards to Following, it was a no-budget film that had no-name actors yet was all about story and concept, and it is absolutely riveting, with a sensational climax. TDKR is a big budget film that has so much ambition, that it doesn't focus on Bruces' story as much as it should, instead attempting to incorporate new characters Bane, Miranda, John Blake, and Catwoman. I'm looking forward to Nolan's future work, and although I have nothing to base this off of, I have a hard time believing this is the film Nolan wanted to make considering his track record of tight story making, because this film is anything but tight.


Nobody gives a fuck
Posts: 9827
Master Virgo wrote:90%

Nolan's worst and most flawed film in the last ten years. Very good start and a great third act, but what happens in the middle is barely as impressive.

Are you glad you werent as exposed to all the marketing/hype as most have?
Posts: 2900
Location: North Carolina
Bacon wrote:My uncle, who didn't like TDK, loved this.


What's so odd is...I've spoken to average everyday people, not movie lovers like ourselves, and I've heard a handful of people say that they didn't like TDK all that much, but liked this one moreso. I'm not really sure what that says, IMO it means they have bad taste in films, but I know a lot of people here prefer TDKR over TDK as well so, there you go.
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to The Dark Knight Rises
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests.